JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Nobody is saying the NRA isn't good for us, but calling them flawless and infallible is counter-productive. Any bureacracy as large as the NRA would be approaching government agencies in terms of inefficiency, waste and hidden agendas, and would only benefit from a healthy doze of criticism.

The NRA and its leadership are extremely rich, very powerful and possess what essentially is a "gun owner registry" of the entire country. We need to watch it, just like any big organization, and we need to be aware of the obvious conflict of interest: the more we are scared, the more we contribute. They do not thrive on our gun rights, they thrive on our fears so they have all the incentives in the world to keep the drama going.

It does not mean you have to stop supporting them, or you should be tinfoil-paranoid about them taking over the country, just keep your eyes open and consider helping other good guys as well.

I didnt see anyone use the term flawless and infalable. Those are your words. Most pro gun people support ALL pro 2nd Amendment organizations and dont run around badmouthing them. That kind of talk is generally done by someone trying to undermine the Organization. It is precisely what the Alinsky trained leftists do.
THE NRA IS NOT ANYTHING LIKE A GOVERNMENT AGENCY.
THE NRA as with any pro gun group is no stronger than the people that support them.
WE are the NRA ! Without us they would not exist. We elect its administrators and that is the simple truth. Just like GOA, OFF, SAF, OSSA, and all of the pro gun groups, THEY get their strength only from the size of their membership. To speak of any of them as though they were like the government and in a derogatory manner is exactly what the ANTI gun people do.
They also infiltrate pro gun groups to subtly do the same.
I truly question those that badmouth the strongest allies we have. I would not say a derogatory comment about any of them.
They all work damned hard and dedicate their lives to guarding our rights !

This is excellent. I have meant to join SAF but have been lazy. This has just inspired me to join via their website. I notice they also have a link to Amazon which gives them a kickback off purchases, and I'll try to remember to go through that link whenever I buy something there.

What on earth are you talking about?

Who told you that?

"Gun owner registry?'

Pretty strange ideas for sure.
My cousin is a life member and all he has is a bow :)
I can only imagine where those ideas come from :-/
Alinskyisms in full bloom.
We, the people are the NRA !
That is difficult for the left to comprehend.
I am pleased to see the extreme growth in all pro 2nd Amendment organizations. Its people, the citizens that make them all strong.
They dont get government subsidies and donations. The common patriot citizens support and make them what they are.
And.
We are the true homeland defense.

Some interesting info and things happening here.

Pushing control instead of freedom may explain some of paper’s losses - National gun rights | Examiner.com
September 29, 2013
<broken link removed>

The gun advocates are winning, and now want concealed weapons in Ohio college classrooms,

” a hand-wringing anti-gun rant by Brent Larkin, retired editorial director for Cleveland’s

The Plain Dealer bemoaned. “For those keeping score, the National Rifle Association is winning.”

What on earth are you talking about?
Who told you that?
"Gun owner registry?'

The set of all NRA members and the set of gun owners in the United States are very close. Not all, but most NRA members own guns.

If I was a dictator entertaining the idea of confiscating guns, the full list of NRA members is what I would start from, in the absence of a real national registry.

The SAF has been on the receiving end of a few hundred of my dollars, but they have a fundraising scheme that's similar to the NRA's in terms of obnoxiousness. It seems to be successful, so I'm not expecting it to become less, but it's a lot of direct mailing style crap, not just the fact that it is direct mail, but the style of the stuff I get. The NRA is a lot slicker, but I always get a weird feeling with the numbers they ask for ("Support us now, if you can spare $27"... why not 25/50/75/100?). And SAF is tax deductible, which is never a bad thing. :)

THE NRA IS NOT ANYTHING LIKE A GOVERNMENT AGENCY. THE NRA as with any pro gun group is no stronger than the people that support them. WE are the NRA !

They all work damned hard and dedicate their lives to guarding our rights !

OMG dude, get real, get cynical :)

The NRA is a big organization. They have dozens of VPs, directors, hundreds of other full-time employees. Like any large organization it has to have some elements of bureacracy, waste and corruption.

They spend more than $0.13 per each contributed dollar on "administrative costs" (this does NOT include fundraising). Their top executives earn about a million dollars each, according to their IRS filings. That obviously makes them rich and happy, and they obviously want to keep this going, hence the inevitable conflict of interest. Are you claiming that conflict does not exist, or what?

I fail to understand why you feel emotional and defensive. They are not your family members. You have hired a big fat org to lobby for you, they seem to be defending OK, so - enjoy that defense. I personally do not fall in love with any big orgs (having worked in a few of them) - smaller, leaner groups provide a better return on my dollar and offer a more offensive approach.

not just the fact that it is direct mail, but the style of the stuff I get

I get stuff like "urgent! we need your help!" + a page of slogans without explaining why it is urgent and what exactly they are going to do with my contribution. I guess they motivate smart people with facts and stupid ones with fear-mongering, which is sad but understandable.

OMG dude, get real, get cynical :)

The NRA is a big organization. They have dozens of VPs, directors, hundreds of other full-time employees. Like any large organization it has to have some elements of bureacracy, waste and corruption.

They spend more than $0.13 per each contributed dollar on "administrative costs" (this does NOT include fundraising). Their top executives earn about a million dollars each, according to their IRS filings. That obviously makes them rich and happy, and they obviously want to keep this going, hence the inevitable conflict of interest. Are you claiming that conflict does not exist, or what?

I fail to understand why you feel emotional and defensive. They are not your family members. You have hired a big fat org to lobby for you, they seem to be defending OK, so - enjoy that defense. I personally do not fall in love with any big orgs (having worked in a few of them) - smaller, leaner groups provide a better return on my dollar and offer a more offensive approach.

You are a fool.
Pure and simple, or possibly a shill.
You support who you will, but the NRA is growing and will continue to grow, regardless of you and your comrads.
If you do not support all pro gun groups you definitly are not pro 2nd Amendment. Or at least a very dumb defender.
I do not intend to argue with you about the NRA. Take your crap to someone who will swallow your BS

You are a fool.
Pure and simple, or possibly a shill.
You support who you will, but the NRA is growing and will continue to grow, regardless of you and your comrads.
If you do not support all pro gun groups you definitly are not pro 2nd Amendment. Or at least a very dumb defender.
I do not intend to argue with you about the NRA. Take your crap to someone who will swallow your BS

You just made it to my small ignore list, congrats. Good luck growing up.

NRA-ILA | Litigation

September 27, 2013
Michigan: Oppose Anti-Self-Defense Resolution Before Washtenaw County Board of Commissioners
September 27, 2013
Maryland: Multiple Citizen Groups Unite to Prevent Senate Bill 281 from Being Implemented with NRA's Support
September 27, 2013
California: Pleasant Hill City Council to Consider Stringent Requirements on Firearm Sales
September 27, 201
California: Still Time to Contact the Governor and Urge Him to VETO ALL Anti-Gun and Anti-Hunting Bills
September 6, 2013
NRA-ILA | Illinois Supreme Court Declares State's Ban on Carrying Firearms Unconstitutional
NRA Supports Lawsuit Challenging NSA's Mass Surveillance and Collection Program
In an unusually forceful and straightforward opinion in the case of People v. Aguilar, the Supreme Court of Illinois unanimously
held that the state's "comprehensive ban" on the "use of an operable firearm for self-defense outside the home" is invalid on
its face under the Second Amendment. The NRA had participated in the case with an amicus brief.
Sept 3, 2013
22 States Join the National Rifle Association in Supreme Court Fight for the Second Amendment Rights of Young Adults
NRA-ILA | 22 States Join the National Rifle Association in Supreme Court Fight for the Second Amendment Rights of Young Adults
September 27, 2013
Maryland: Multiple Citizen Groups Unite to Prevent Senate Bill 281 from Being Implemented with NRA's Support
September 27, 2013
Michigan: Oppose Anti-Self-Defense Resolution Before Washtenaw County Board of Commissioners
September 27, 2013
California: Pleasant Hill City Council to Consider Stringent Requirements on Firearm Sales
September 27, 2013
California: Still Time to Contact the Governor and Urge Him to VETO ALL Anti-Gun and Anti-Hunting Bills
September 27, 2013
New Jersey: Take Back New Jersey! Attend FREE NRA-ILA Workshops Oct. 2 and 3!

NRA Legislative involvement

This is one of 181 pages of recent NRA legislative activity.

September 27, 2013

NRA-ILA | State Legislation

FULL STORY

September 27, 2013
FULL STORY

September 27, 2013
FULL STORY

September 27, 2013

Governor Jerry Brown has until October 13 to sign or veto the onerous bills listed below and he STILL needs to hear your OPPOSITION. Governor Brown needs to know that the liberal media has it wrong and that California has hundreds of thousands of law-abiding gun owners, sportsmen and Second Amendment supporters as residents and voters.
FULL STORY

September 27, 2013

New Jersey: Take Back New Jersey! Attend FREE NRA-ILA Workshops Oct. 2 and 3!

Please attend one of our FREE NRA-ILA Grassroots Workshops in Morristown, on October 2nd, and Cherry Hill, on October 3rd.
FULL STORY

September 23, 2013

Southwest Florida Water Management District Evaluating Hunting and Other Recreation

The Southwest Florida Water Management District will be holding a series of meetings to discuss the District's management of recreation activities, including hunting, on approximately 225,000 acres of land under its jurisdiction.
FULL STORY

September 20, 2013

Maryland: Attend Legislative Hearing on Monday in Annapolis on Proposed MSP Regulations to Implement SB 281

On Monday, September 23, the Maryland General Assembly Joint Committee on Administrative, Executive & Legislative Review (AELR) will hold a hearing to review emergency regulations proposed by the Maryland State Police (MSP) to implement the provisions of Senate Bill 281.
FULL STORY

September 19, 2013

Virginia: York County Board of Supervisors Approves Site Plan Update for Lafayette Gun Club

On September 17, the York County Board of Supervisors voted unanimously to approve Lafayette Gun Club's application for a site plan update. This application included a request to make modest facilities upgrades that will allow them to better serve the shooting community in York County.
FULL STORY

September 19, 2013

Florida: Sarasota County Legislative Delegation Opposes Repealing "Stand Your Ground" Statute

Yesterday, the Sarasota City Commission met with the Sarasota County Legislative Delegation to present the city's list of legislative priorities. One of those priorities requested the legislative delegation to work to repeal Florida's "Stand your Ground" statute.
FULL STORY

September 19, 2013

California: Governor Must Hear Your Opposition to ALL Anti-Gun and Anti-Hunting Bills

With several severe anti-gun bills and one egregious anti-hunting bill on his desk for consideration, Governor Jerry Brown (D) MUST hear the VETO request of every law-abiding Californian DAILY. Governor Brown needs to know that the liberal media has it wrong and that California has hundreds of thousands of law-abiding gun owners, sportsmen and Second Amendment supporters as residents and voters. Governor Brown has until October 13 to make his decision on the bills listed below.
FULL STORY

September 19, 2013

Maryland Lawsuit Update: Maryland State Police Terminates "All Hands" Program and Vows to Protect Firearms Applicants' Personal Information

As directed by Governor Martin O'Malley, the Maryland State Police released confidential firearms purchase application information to employees of four other state agencies in a misguided attempt to move forward in clearing the backlog of unprocessed 77R applications.
FULL STORY

September 18, 2013

Maryland: Lawsuit Challenges State Police's Unlawful Processing of Firearm Applications and Risks the Confidentiality of Applicants' Sensitive Personal Information

As directed by Governor Martin O'Malley, the Maryland State Police released confidential firearms purchase application information to employees of four other state agencies in a misguided attempt to move forward in clearing the backlog of unprocessed 77R applications.
FULL STORY

September 17, 2013

Wisconsin: Increased Hunter Opportunity Bill Overwhelmingly Passes State Senate, Heads to State Assembly for a Concurrence Vote

Today, on a voice vote, the Wisconsin Senate approved an amended version of Assembly Bill 194, legislation that would allow hunters to use a crossbow during the big game archery season. While this measure already passed the Assembly in June, it must return to the Assembly for a concurrence vote because of some changes the Senate made to the bill.
FULL STORY

September 16, 2013

Maryland: Update on Legislative Hearing in Annapolis to Review Proposed MSP Regulations to Implement SB 281

On Monday, September 23, at 1:00 p.m., the Maryland General Assembly Joint Committee on Administrative, Executive & Legislative Review (AELR) will hold a hearing to review emergency regulations proposed by the Maryland State Police (MSP) to implement the provisions of Senate Bill 281. This hearing will take place in the Joint Hearing Room in the Department of Legislative Services building located at 90 State Circle in Annapolis.
FULL STORY

September 16, 2013

Wisconsin: Senate to Consider Increased Hunter Opportunity Bill Tomorrow

Tomorrow, the Wisconsin Senate is expected to vote on Assembly Bill 194, legislation that would allow hunters to use a crossbow during the big game archery season. AB 194, sponsored by state Representative Mary Czaja (R-35), passed unanimously in the state Assembly in June. Therefore, the full Senate is this bill's final hurdle before it can be signed into law to benefit sportsmen and hunters in the Badger State. It is critical that you contact your state Senator TODAY and urge him or her to vote YES on Assembly Bill 194 tomorrow. Please let your state Senator know that experience in other states has shown that allowing the unqualified use of crossbows helps to retain and recruit hunters. Sportsmen, particularly older hunters with diminished physical capabilities, in Wisconsin deserve this same opportunity.
FULL STORY

September 14, 2013

California: Help Stop the Remaining Anti-Gun Legislation

The 2013 California legislative session adjourned yesterday, with major anti-gun legislation passing through their legislative chambers and now going to Governor Jerry Brown (D) for his consideration. In the middle of the chaos at the State Capitol, a major semi-automatic ban squeaked out of the state Senate by a ONE vote margin. Then in the waning hours of the session, the legislature DEFEATED two major anti-gun bills that would have banned the simple possession of magazines and drastically restricted the sale and possession of ammunition. It is IMPERATIVE that every law-abiding citizen call AND e-mail Governor Brown DAILY respectfully urging him to stand up for law-abiding gun owners, sportsmen and the Second Amendment.
FULL STORY

September 13, 2013

Virginia: York County Board of Supervisors to Consider Site Plan Update for Lafayette Gun Club

Next Tuesday, September 17 at 7:00 p.m., the York County Board of Supervisors will hold a public hearing to discuss the Lafayette Gun Club's application for a site plan update. A final vote by the county board is expected to take place after this public hearing. This application includes a request to make modest facilities upgrades that will allow them to better serve the shooting community in York County. Their site plan update application can be viewed here.
FULL STORY

September 13, 2013

Florida: Sarasota City Commission Makes Repealing Your Right to Self-Defense a Priority for the City

Yesterday, the Sarasota City Commission worked on their legislative priorities for 2014. In finalizing this list of priorities they decided and voted to support repealing Florida's "Stand your Ground" statute. On Wednesday, September 18, the City Commission will be presenting their 2014 legislative priorities list to the Sarasota County Legislative Delegation. It is crucial that you e-mail the members of the Sarasota County Legislative Delegation and urge them to OPPOSE the city commission's legislative priority of repealing Florida's "Stand your Ground" statute.
FULL STORY

September 13, 2013

Illinois Supreme Court Declares State's Ban on Carrying Firearms Unconstitutional

In an unusually forceful and straightforward opinion in the case of People v. Aguilar, the Supreme Court of Illinois unanimously held that the state's "comprehensive ban" on the "use of an operable firearm for self-defense outside the home" is invalid on its face under the Second Amendment. The NRA had participated in the case with an amicus brief.
FULL STORY

September 13, 2013

Total Recall: Colorado Lawmakers Ousted in Historic Vote
FULL STORY

September 12, 2013

Maryland: Legislative Hearing in Annapolis to Review Proposed MSP Regulations to Implement SB 281
FULL STORY

September 12, 2013

Wisconsin: Contact Your State Legislators in Support of a Bill to Expand Interstate Long Gun Sales
FULL STORY

September 12, 2013

California: You Must Contact your State Legislators NOW to Urge Them to Oppose All Pending Anti-Gun Legislation
FULL STORY

September 11, 2013

Oklahoma: Firearms Manufacturer Liability Protection Signed into Law by Governor
FULL STORY

September 11, 2013

Florida: Homestead Pulls Anti-Gun Resolution from Today's City Council Agenda

Thanks to your overwhelming calls and e-mails, early this morning we received a telephone call from Acting Mayor Jon Burgess informing us that CAR #944 has been removed from today's city council agenda.
FULL STORY

September 10, 2013

Illinois: Chicago Anti-Gun Laws to be Overhauled Following Passage of State Concealed Carry Law
FULL STORY

September 10, 2013

Massachusetts: Final Public Hearing on Gun Control Legislation this Friday on Beacon Hill
FULL STORY

September 10, 2013

Florida: Homestead Considering Anti-Gun "Mayors Against Illegal" Gun Agenda Tomorrow
FULL STORY

September 10, 2013

California: State Senator Ben Hueso Must Hear Your Opposition to Legislation Trying to Destroy California's Second Amendment Rights and Hunting Heritage
FULL STORY

September 9, 2013

This is the Last Week to Contact Your State Legislator Urging Them to Preserve California's Second Amendment Rights and Hunting Heritage
FULL STORY

September 9, 2013

Oklahoma: Firearms Manufacturer Liability Protection Goes to Governor for Signature
FULL STORY

September 9, 2013

Maryland: State Police Release Confidential Application Information to Other State Agencies
FULL STORY

September 8, 2013

California: D-Day is Looming for Several Anti-Gun/Anti-Hunting Bills Pending in the state Senate and Assembly
FULL STORY

September 6, 2013

Oklahoma: State House Overwhelmingly Approves Firearms Manufacturer Protection Bill

FULL STORY

September 6, 2013

Virginia: "All In" in Virginia!

FULL STORY

September 5, 2013

Immediate Help Still Needed to Preserve California's Second Amendment Rights and Hunting Heritage &#8211; Contact State Senator Jim Beall NOW
FULL STORY

September 5, 2013

Texas: Urge State Lawmakers to Create a Tax-Free Holiday on Firearms and Hunting Supplies
FULL STORY

September 5, 2013

Alert: The NRA Joins Lawsuit Against NSA Snooping
FULL STORY

September 4, 2013
California's Second Amendment Rights and Hunting Heritage Needs Your Immediate Help &#8211; Contact State Senator Marty Block NOW
FULL STORY

This is one of 181 pages of recent NRA legislative activity.

The leftists never question the govt that feeds them as the govt had done a lot to advance their welfare...

How is that any different? It's not...

When a person stops thinking freely and puts blinders on, he is at risk of being manipulated...

Just b because a drug dealer bought you a free lunch does both make him a good man...

Same goes with any organization ..we have to be the check and balance to make sure they don't go astray...

Absolute faith in anything is still brainwashing...and don't pretend that only the left know the technique... remember republicans were in power too not long ago...

The leftists never question the govt that feeds them as the govt had done a lot to advance their welfare...

How is that any different? It's not...

When a person stops thinking freely and puts blinders on, he is at risk of being manipulated...

Just b because a drug dealer bought you a free lunch does both make him a good man...

Same goes with any organization ..we have to be the check and balance to make sure they don't go astray...

Absolute faith in anything is still brainwashing...and don't pretend that only the left know the technique... remember republicans were in power too not long ago...

What the h does that have to do with the NRA, or GOA, or any good pro second amendment organization.
Stop feeding people with negative bs about them. That IS precisely what a leftist would do and try to do every day. You nor anyone else will succeed at building a cancer toward them with anyone that has spent their life working with them. Get real. If you were truly pro gun, you would work your azz off helping every organization that has a track record of fighting for your rights. You definitely would not be talking crap about any of them !
Damn I am sick of leftist shills.

You like to call everybody that disagrees with you a leftist shill... you must be the center of the world then....

Seriously you need to lighten up on the fanatical defense of the infallible..

We have a right to our opinion and so do you or is the 1st amendment just a convenience when needed but to be suppressed when it goes against your point of view ....

As you see I stand on either side of the fence depending on what the facts support..

You are just a rightist fanatic... all extremists are bad...right or left... Learn to think for yourself and make up your mind...nobody is above criticism.. ever...

This is no different than the plight of the Salmon and Steelhead, there are many groups that want (the gubberment) to get off their duffs and fix the problem (low returns) in all of the West coast rivers.
That being said, all groups recognize "what needs to be done" so each group is constantly cutting down the others because "they" have better methods (which by the way have not worked).
To each his own but we are all on the same page people and will fight for our2A rights!!!

You like to call everybody that disagrees with you a leftist shill... you must be the center of the world then....

Seriously you need to lighten up on the fanatical defense of the infallible..

We have a right to our opinion and so do you or is the 1st amendment just a convenience when needed but to be suppressed when it goes against your point of view ....

As you see I stand on either side of the fence depending on what the facts support..

You are just a rightist fanatic... all extremists are bad...right or left... Learn to think for yourself and make up your mind...nobody is above criticism.. ever...

Rightist fanatic???
Because I wont disparage people that bust their butts for our 2nd Amendment rights....
Good lord get a life !

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top