JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
My best and closest friend Dave died last night.
Dave was the man who got me started on my love affair with muzzleloading and antique firearms.
We shared many a shooting match , hunting trip, rendezvous and road trip.
While you all here did not know Dave...it was his and my collection of firearms that you have seen pictures of and what I have written most about.

Dave was a excellent husband to his beloved wife Jackie and a great friend.
He was passionate about his life , family and his love of old guns.
Dave will be missed by all who knew him and we were better in our lives for knowing him.

If you have a close friend...please do not let a day go by without letting them know what they mean to you.
Andy
View attachment 426105
View attachment 426106
View attachment 426107
View attachment 426124

So sorry for your loss Andy. My condolences to his family. Sounds like a life well lived.

My best and closest friend Dave died last night.
Dave was the man who got me started on my love affair with muzzleloading and antique firearms.
We shared many a shooting match , hunting trip, rendezvous and road trip.
While you all here did not know Dave...it was his and my collection of firearms that you have seen pictures of and what I have written most about.

Dave was a excellent husband to his beloved wife Jackie and a great friend.
He was passionate about his life , family and his love of old guns.
Dave will be missed by all who knew him and we were better in our lives for knowing him.

If you have a close friend...please do not let a day go by without letting them know what they mean to you.
Andy
View attachment 426105
View attachment 426106
View attachment 426107
View attachment 426124

Brother, although it cuts to the bone when a person worthy of respect and love passes, it sounds like you're a better man for knowing him and that is one facet that makes good people immortal. In that, take comfort.

:s0005:

We know they are friends because their hearts are full of holidays and their smiles like gold, they are the real treasure on earth. Gone but not forgotten It's your turn now to be that good friend as he taught you how. :)

I lost one of my best friends about four years ago.
I still don't go out and do the stuff we did together. It's sad you loose that too.

Now I don't know where Mountain men go when they pass on?
But I hope it's nice, and life there is easy.

I'm sorry Andy.

Last Edited:
I cant say to you "I know what you are feeling", it's much too personal. I do, however, know you are hurting, and for that I am sad. Three Novembers ago I lost my forever friend Don. It hurts and it will never go completely away. For me those hurts have slowly changed to treasured memories. I pray it will for you as well.

Andy, I just finally saw this thread. I'm so sorry for your loss. Dave's family and other loved ones are in my thoughts and prayers tonight as are you. Thank you for pointing out how fleeting life is and that we can't take our loved ones for granted.

Andy,

It may not be my place....I lost a great friend & mentor in 2009; I still feel alone without his leadership.

My prayer for you sir, is that you can eventually (and always) focus more on the great opportunity of friendship that you were given; more than in the pain or sorrow of the inevitable in all friendships and all of life's great blessings; they all must end some day.

I also pray that you will keep the joy alive in your heart and be proud of your part in that great friendship; perhaps honor your friend by following his examples..

RLTW!

So there is a Service for Dave Monday the 5th at the high school where he taught.
I will post more on this if it is of interest , after the service and when I am capable to do so...

To all who have responded , I can not thank you enough.
The kind words of wisdom , thoughts and prayers mean so Damn much to me and Jackie.
( Dave's wife )
Andy

The service for Dave today was very touching and comforting.
It was amazing to see all the folks that Dave connected with come together and offer one another support and comfort.

Dave was an incredible friend...
He was a life long learner and teacher...
He was never one to horde knowledge and freely gave of what he knew and could help with...
Dave was able to offer words of wisdom and sound advice with tough questions...
Dave was very close to a few ...but loved by many.
I will miss him greatly.

To all here...thank you again for your words of support and comfort...they have helped and mean a lot to Jackie
( Dave's wife ) and myself.
Andy

Feelings of loss for loved ones don't go away Andy! Keep him in your heart always and remember the good times. I keep a charm hanging on my rear view mirror of my truck to help me through each day that reminds me of my son.

It does get easier to remember the good times and not the loss. Hang in there my friend and if you need to talk shoot me a PM and I will be happy to give you my number.

^^^ This^^^. Andy, the loss you and your loved ones feel will fade over time, but the good times will always be remembered. God had a greater purpose for Dave, and rest assured that he will always be with you in your heart. Again Condolences to you and all involved.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top