JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I just inherited a gun collection from my father and this pistol has nothing on it other than S&W. I'm going to sell it but have a

Pistol.jpg

You can take it to the Oregon Arms Collectors Gun show it is once a month.
It is mostly a bunch of old gun guys selling stuff.
I'm sure someone there will know what it is.
They meet on Sunday mornings 700 am to noon at the Jackson Armory.
Parking is free and 3 or 5 bucks to get in the door.
Get more than one appraisal some of those guys will low ball you.
<broken link removed>

I believe this is the "38 Single Action Second Model". (But I am FAR from an expert) The 31st edition Blue Book of Gun Values shows this as about a $300 gun. FYI, the 31st edition is a handful of years old and some values are not inline with reality.
One thing that would be very helpful would be to determine if this is a 32 or 38 caliber. If, by some chance, this is a 32 cal we could be talking some completely different values since this looks like a 4" barrel and that's a very rare feature on a 32 cal. Do you have any ammo for it?
Neat little piece.

I believe this is the "38 Single Action Second Model". (But I am FAR from an expert) The 31st edition Blue Book of Gun Values shows this as about a $300 gun. FYI, the 31st edition is a handful of years old and some values are not inline with reality.
One thing that would be very helpful would be to determine if this is a 32 or 38 caliber. If, by some chance, this is a 32 cal we could be talking some completely different values since this looks like a 4" barrel and that's a very rare feature on a 32 cal. Do you have any ammo for it?
Neat little piece.
Wow, thank you so much for your help. I'll see if I can figure out if it's a 32 or 38 and let you know.

Ok, so I did come up with a couple of things. 1) It has a serial number of 65101 on it and I'm assuming that's pretty low? 2) I'm by no means the best guy to tell this but if I had to guess from looking at the size of the round it's a 32.

I just sold off all the ammo that I had inherited and there was 32 ammo in there but there was also 38 special - and one of the guns in the collection was a 38 special so I'm assuming the 32 was for this gun. Not to mention the box was so old I was surprised it was staying together - that I do remember.

Since you have a known 38 special, you could compare the barrel/cylinder size directly with each other. If they are the same, you have a 38. If its smaller, its probably a 32.

Here's a hint. I took a regular ol #2 pencil and measured it. Across the points it was slightly over .310" in diameter. It may fit, or fit snugly, down the bore of a 32 S&W, and would be very sloppy in a 38 bore.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top