JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
My S&G electronic lock on my Browning gun safe is getting hard to use. I often have to try several times before it will unlock. The lock beeps and the light flashes with each key press, so I know the keys are making contact. According to the S&G manual, this is a sign that the keypad needs replacing. I assume that there is something wrong with the chip that stores the code.

I cannot find anyplace online that sells a replacement keypad. S&G says this keypad (6120-211) is still used on Titan locks, so they should be available, but no one lists them online. Amazon used to, but they are currently "unavailable."

Could this be a "dealer only" part? Who in the Salem, OR area would have one?

My S&G electronic lock on my Browning gun safe is getting hard to use. I often have to try several times before it will unlock. The lock beeps and the light flashes with each key press, so I know the keys are making contact. According to the S&G manual, this is a sign that the keypad needs replacing. I assume that there is something wrong with the chip that stores the code.

I cannot find anyplace online that sells a replacement keypad. S&G says this keypad (6120-211) is still used on Titan locks, so they should be available, but no one lists them online. Amazon used to, but they are currently "unavailable."

Have you tried replacing the battery. What you are describing sounds like a weak battery.

I have replaced the batteries several times. It works best with a brand new battery, but not much different from one that has been in there for a year. Today I tried three different new batteries, all Energizer Alkaline with no change in operation.

Before I read the S&G manual, I was thinking that the lock solenoid was going bad, and needed more voltage to draw back the deadbolt, but experimenting with the door open and the interior panel off convinced me that the deadbolt isn't getting power from the keypad when it should. With low voltage, it would at least try to retract. When it gets power, it cycles firmly.

Ebay has plenty of 6120's, this guy even accepts returns

If you feel brave, save money and buy this one with No Returns

Thanks Bill! The first one is an exact replacement for my lock, except for the chrome (vs. brass) finish! I had hoped to find just the keypad, since the rest of the system seems to be just fine. The same guy sells just the keypad, but I don't know if the -017 is much different from the -211, but it seems to be a two-battery model, and mine uses one battery. A battery lasts for years on my safe.

The second one is somewhat different, and the 3XX series may not fit the same.

Thanks Bill! The first one is an exact replacement for my lock, except for the chrome (vs. brass) finish! I had hoped to find just the keypad, since the rest of the system seems to be just fine. The same guy sells just the keypad, but I don't know if the -017 is much different from the -211, but it seems to be a two-battery model, and mine uses one battery. A battery lasts for years on my safe.

The second one is somewhat different, and the 3XX series may not fit the same.
They all use the same lock and the same cable. The two battery version is an upgrade

Have you tried leaning on the door? Sometimes it is just a sticky lock mechanism, hanging up and not allowing the bolts to retract. Cleaning and oiling will help if you know what you are doing.

Cleaned and oiled, no drag on the locking system. When the motorized bolt gets power from the keypad, it works perfectly. That is why I am following the S&G manual's recommendation to replace the keypad.

Mine died recently - fortunately with it open.
I replaced it with a dial setup.

Mine died recently - fortunately with it open.
I replaced it with a dial setup.
My S&G 6120 kept eating batteries, one day when I took it out I discovered a bare wire was grounding out. I replaced it with an old stock Ilco digital lock & it's working great, been many years now

Cleaned and oiled, no drag on the locking system. When the motorized bolt gets power from the keypad, it works perfectly. That is why I am following the S&G manual's recommendation to replace the keypad.
Years ago I had a job to open a gun dealer's safe with a malfunctioning S&G 6120. I had a new lock in my van, so I replaced just the keypad--far as I know it's still working

I just plugged in the new keypad and it opened right up. I've seen some digital keypads break from using too much pressure on the keys--You hafta remember the keypad is mostly just plastic. People get mad and push the buttons too hard-- it's just more jobs for us locksmiths

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top