JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I have a Winchester safe with a La Gaard digital keypad.
I check it every month. Last night, entered the code, and the battery light blinked four times.
So I went about replacing the battery. Just to be safe, I locked it with the door open.
Lo and behold, after replacing the battery, it will accept the code, but I cannot unlock the mechanism.
Before I take apart the inner door, has anyone experienced this?

If it's something with the lock, I think I'll just replace it with a dial unit.

Thanks in advance.

Years ago I had an issue with the electronic lock on my safe after replacing the battery (don't remember the details). I do, however, remember that I solved it by removing the battery, draining all residual charge in the system (in capacitors?) by pressing the buttons until they no longer lit up. Put the new battery back in, and have had no problems ever since.

Jiggle the handle a few times and try in different handle positions. It's possible that the latching mechanism is binding and preventing solenoid from retracting the bolt, it happens.

Different scenario, but my digital lock no longer operates, regardless of battery, battery pack, and keyboard changes. Fortunately it has a key backup. My next safe will not be digital.

penguin-it-was-a-joke.gif

Different scenario, but my digital lock no longer operates, regardless of battery, battery pack, and keyboard changes. Fortunately it has a key backup. My next safe will not be digital.
In the last year I have replaced about a dozen digital safe locks, the keypads break often. For the most part digital safe locks are just a gimmick, same way digital house locks are. Batteries leak and destroy the electronics, people press too hard and break the keypad yet the companies making these junky locks are getting more money for the crummy products than the mechanical stand-bys cost

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top