JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I have found that people dont like Blackberry hedges very much. They grow fast and they are cheap. They are also a pain to remove once rooted.

couple of these will keep you pretty safe from anything, they may come around.

View attachment 788595
above said get black dogs, now i have to get "caucasian" mtn shephards.
I guess a bear and a dog CAN get it on. Who knew?

Vato.
A 'difficult' working full Caucasian.
Scariest dog I ever met.
Caucasian's are not pets. Usually. It's difficult.
Best friend and companion I almost passed on rescuing.

I miss this old man bad.
Thanks for that. :)

IMG_0540.jpg IMG_0575.JPG IMG_0584.JPG

above said get black dogs, now i have to get "caucasian" mtn shephards.

You may want to look at Anatolian Shepards. Turkish mountain dogs they use for livestock. They're kinda unique - they don't just do the herd assimilation as a guard dog per se, You walk them around whatever perimeter you have - fenced or not - and leave them to it. Nothing will get by undetected. Nothing. They will guard anything inside that line with their life. You won't get a cuddly house pet who likes human attention - they are kinda standoffish. They prefer outdoors and standing watch.

1920px-Varish.jpg

Rescue pound big black dogs. Add them to the family and they will usually fit right in. Naturally protective. Cheap tiny fishing line stretched tight between whatever about ankle high. It doesn't have to be attached to anything fancy; just tight strung lines. Mind games. Fake trail cameras scattered around. Again not hooked up to any high end perimeter alarm system. Non operative.

Many cheap red L.E.D. tiny tiny lights running off of 4D batteries that will last for many months. Leave them on. A bad guy coming onto your property will not know what to make about all of the above. Except for the big black dogs, all of this stuff is fairly non expensive. Also fun to install. The dogs will learn to patrol the acreage. Expect some animal damage with needed repairs.

A flock of geese (excellent alarm system) and a couple of dogs that will protect them from coyotes. A simple wire fence with signage will help keep most out (like a dog marking it's territory) won't have any affect on the deer. Have you ever seen what you have to do to keep deer out?

:s0140::s0140::s0140:

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

It would have been funnier if I'd said it.... o_O

:D;)

Nah, it's kinda nice to see someone else recycle your memes for a change. Now if someone else posts your Mossbergs, your AR pistols or your Tikka target we gonna have problems.

:s0140:

Also, I should mention that I am wanting perimeter detection to warn of an organized home invasion perhaps conducted by armed radicals etc.

Ideally, I'd like a one minute advance notice that I have "surprise guests" that I need to welcome with only a low number of false positives.

If it gets to that point, 24/7 awake & alert armed watch is needed. Along with the family/true friends to provide sufficient staffing for such.

Dogs, cameras, IR alerts & whatnot are simply tools to aid you in preventing random unwanted visitors.

Not an armed organized home invasion. Although such may be of help, may also lead towards a false sense of security...

Until you get your gate installed, you can detect traffic up your driveway with wireless PIR or magnetic detection systems. Cheap PIR systems I tried all suffered from short wireless range and false alarms on wildlife. I went to a magnetic system marketed by Mighty Mule (the electric gate folks), and found much better wireless range, zero false alarms, and perfect detection of vehicles (even my riding lawn mower).

When I bought my system, it cost less than $80. The claimed wireless range is 400 feet; I installed mine 250 feet from the house and the link is 100%, even through some trees and an exterior wall. The last pair of AA alkaline batteries I put in the remote sensor was still working after 18 months. Annual replacement (easy task) would insure reliable operation.

Currently, Mighty Mule offers wireless driveway alarm system FM231, which is like mine but upgraded to include blue tooth, solar power, and Alexa compatibility. :s0091: Best news, it is available at a popular auction site for less than $60 shipped.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads