JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
A good stout field knife will serve you well , but...
You can be taken to task for using a privately held / owned weapon in combat ... even a knife.
Your best bet is to clean , hide and perhaps disavow knowledge of your field knife after use.
( At least in my experience ... )
Andy

All maintained by a 20 year old who would rather chase P***y and drink beer!
Shoulda seen my A.F. in the late 80's and early 90's!

By golly, I believe you! (I was in a different outfit, with the same crew). When we were on duty, nothing was more important than "getting it right". I saw the results of negligence... it wasn't pretty. One female Aviation Structural Mechanic lost three fingers because someone prematurely closed the canopy of an EA6B Prowler.

A stark reminder of "situational awareness".

Last Edited:
They went the way of the Dodo ... When the Army farmed out the mess jobs to private contractors ...:oops:
Andy

Ha, yet another something I didn't know. I spent about a year in galley duty prior to getting my Avionics school. I'll bet they don't even have people just out of boot cleaning the barracks, scrubbing sh*tters, and painting! :mad:

A good stout field knife will serve you well , but...
You can be taken to task for using a privately held / owned weapon in combat ... even a knife.
Your best bet is to clean , hide and perhaps disavow knowledge of your field knife after use.
( At least in my experience ... )
Andy

I'll make an agreement with you. If you won't tell, and I won't tell, the enemy with an Italian-style stiletto (that opens with a satisfying "snick") probably won't say much... He'll be too busy nursing several 5" deep stab wounds in his chest, belly and possibly his eye.

What a comforting thought. :s0155:

That was part of the trouble ( taken to task ) that I was referring to.
After using your personal knife is when you might catch some grief.
From say your CO or Platoon Leader.
Again just my experience.
Andy
I'll make an agreement with you. If you won't tell, and I won't tell, the enemy with an Italian-style stiletto (that opens with a satisfying "snick") probably won't say much... He'll be too busy nursing several 5" deep stab wounds in his chest, belly and possibly his eye.

What a comforting thought. :s0155:

That might the least of what you have to get over if you had use a personal knife.
And now I am dropping out of this discussion.
Not from taking offense at anyone or what anyone has said.
Just hitting a little to close to home right now.
Andy

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top