JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
not alot of the rifle is made in house, the bolt carrier group and the barrel are vendor parts .
I emailed them about those items and im assuming ruger is just building these and putting their badging on them
I bet you could build the same rifle for alot less yourself........

the research and pricing i've done has shown me that the price would be about the same. maybe i haven't looked in the right places to build my own? If there are any suggestions on where to look for parts would be greatly appreciated.

I have a Ruger and it's my favorite AR. It simply works great! Maybe now that prices seem to be dropping you might be able to build one yourself but when I bought mine, the sum of the parts was more than the complete rifle. The only time mine has not cycled is when I turned the gas off for suppressed single shots(very quiet as compared to regular AR). Get one. You won't be disappointed.

Other than the 10/22, Ruger rifles are pretty well known for "minute of berm" accuracy. Try some precision shooting with a mini-14 and you'll see what I mean. I would not spend $1500+ on a Ruger RIFLE. for $900 you can get a Rock River Arms milspec M4 clone that shoots like a dream out of the box. If you want a piston gun, go with Sig Sauer or the SCAR.

I don't really mind that you have to use
Ruger parts since the lower receiver is mil-spec and was thinking about getting a 6.8 up later on. I've checked out Daniel Defense but it seems for the price the Ruger is a better rifle with the options I'm looking for, more so the gas piston rather than direct impingement.

I have a Ruger sr556 and I'm very happy with the rifle. I found others were having gas piston issues where as Ruger seems to have perfected the system.

I haven't had any problems after a year of shooting.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top