JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Howdy guys,

I'm looking at picking up another hunting rifle. My experience is with Remington; however, I'm really intererested in the model 70, specifically the super grade or sportster. From experience, does anyone own both rifles that could share some insight? 2 pos vs 3 pos safety, crf vs push feed, balance, trigger, etc? I think the cdl maybe a little cheaper then both the supergrade and sporster. I'm leaning towards a walnut stock blued barrel.. Input is always appreciated as usual.

I would take CRF any day over push feed. Both my Rem and Win 70 are push feed, with the two position safeties. Compared to the Mauser actions, they are not as herky. Never had a single failure to extract/eject with the Ruger or CZ Mauser actions. Can't say that for the others.
I have a few rifles with three position safeties, and I much prefer the two position -- there is no confusion about "safe" or not.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top