JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
If Ruger was serious they would also have a Left Hand model. Also a barrel with a Bentz chamber and a 1x9 twist. I do not see any of this. :(

i've pretty much given up on LH rifles. Since I've always owned and shot RH rifles, I'm pretty much used to it.

Another cool idea from Ruger - not so sure about the style though - looks a bit blocky. I'll chalk this one up as a 'maybe'. I'd be curious to know how much more accurate this will be than say the American Rimfire - especially if both we shooting match grade ammo. Would there be a big jump in accuracy with this rifle?

Like I posted in the PC-9 thread, I like black plastic guns! I think AR's are super cool! But......this Precision Rimfire is just so hideous!!! :eek:

Last Edited:
Like the RPR in centerfire I think this is along the same lines. Folks spend a lot of money on chassis's and stocks to better their 700s. So they just did that from the factory on the original RPR with their American Rifle line, then undercut the price of a pimped out 700.

This is just the same treatment on their Ruger American Rimfire. At the price I'm sure these will be selling at, they will undercut other similar guns and sell well.

Pretty speedy for a .22 also.
You bet but look at what many are willing to pay for some of the"match accurate" guns. Even 10/22s. See many put enough in after market parts to buy several of the guns. Its fine as long as they like them. Come time they want to sell they are often hard pressed to try to get what they have in them back. Some are amazing accurate though in the right hands

Form follows function. This gun is fully adjustable for every dimension. If beauty trumps accuracy, then this is not the rifle for some folks. But for folks that are willing to pay many thousands for a fully adjustable match rimfire rifle, this gun is a bargain.

Anschutz has dominated this market for decades.
46f11426e2c6dc5a653d5c35377e1508.jpg

The Ruger Precision Rimfire will make a very welcome entry level rifle for this market.

I also have owned and have shot other Ruger American Rimfires in the sporting version. They are amazingly accurate for a cheap little gun. With a stock that absolutely duplicates stock position to match a shooter for every shot, and a barrel that is advertised to be a precision barrel, this is a great release.

Last Edited:
Form follows function. This gun is fully adjustable for every dimension. If beauty trumps accuracy, then this is not the rifle for some folks. But for folks that are willing to pay many thousands for a fully adjustable match rimfire rifle, this gun is a bargain.
Exactly. Just as the bigger brother did with centerfire precision rifles. At 900-1000 for what you get the 308 or 6.5 is a bargain.

I see this as a great entry into precision bolt guns. A practice precision to go with your centerfire. As well as a great option for the growing 22marksman competitions.

Ruger gizmo?
Its a 22 for crying out loud. With a magazine and grip rather in the way for many shooting positions I have used while trying to out smart the squirrel who's always on the other side of the tree.
So for me, this is sort of like putting a hand guard and accessory rail on a bean shooting soda straw.
I get adjustability for a Barco lounger, Bench rest shooting, maybe even sniper work, but this just looks like a lot of ways you can get your beard hung up.
But then, the pet rock sold like hot cakes for a while and the chia pet is still going strong:confused: (no back ground check required)

Anschutz has dominated this market for decades.
View attachment 417573

The Ruger Precision Rimfire will make a very welcome entry level rifle for this market.

I also have owned and have shot other Ruger American Rimfires in the sporting version. They are amazingly accurate for a cheap little gun. With a stock that absolutely duplicates stock position to match a shooter for every shot, and a barrel that is advertised to be a precision barrel, this is a great release.

That is a beautiful rifle! I never saw an Anschutz I didn't like!

Aaaaaaa poo ie.

put big scope. and pvc with holes in that on my savage 15. I'll miss just as good as they do.

ya I hated the mini 14, wasn't into Ar's, there still a M 16 in my world, but I did buy one. couldn't stand sks's, but have 3, yes two are all black

I like the looks of this, It comes off like Bolt action tommy gum. LOL.

BUT then, I'm putting together a BB gun (pellets) that looks like something hang on the wall of the Men in Blacks arsenal . more like a bug sprayer than a gun

I've seen a lot of comments about this one - much hype and a lot of anticipation! It ain't pretty and I don't care about that. But will it be accurate? That's the question I want answered.
The Ruger Americans and centerfire Precision rifles are pretty darn accurate. No doubt this one will be, too.

I did take a good look at this gun. It really is an ugly bastard, isn't it?

Well... While you guys were all whining about it I bought one.... (pre orded from the link)

I kind of like the idea of it. I like the idea of having a good shooting low buck bolt gun that takes 10/22 mags, factory threaded barrel for a can and I won't feel bad having it behind the seat of my truck during rock chuck season. $400 shipped, seems like a bargin to me.