JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Ruger is coming out with a lot of new guns, hard to keep up I just bought two new rimfire models, a target model in .22 mag and a 16.5" threaded barrel model in .22LR.
Now if they start making left hand models I will be screwed.

I didn't think I was that old, but these new chassis style guns are butt ugly to me.
I tend to agree, but think I can overlook some of that to have the adjustability of the stock. This might be just the ticket for a growing shooter that thinks he wants to be serious, and I have a grandson just like that.:D

I tend to agree, but think I can overlook some of that to have the adjustability of the stock. This might be just the ticket for a growing shooter that thinks he wants to be serious, and I have a grandson just like that.:D

That makes sense. I think that the younger generation is who this will appeal to for it's looks. I didn't put much thought into the adjustability of the design.

That makes sense. I think that the younger generation is who this will appeal to for it's looks. I didn't put much thought into the adjustability of the design.
Yup.
Sometimes it just takes a while for us to accept differing designs. I had no desire for an AR of any kind until about a year or so ago. I'd of much rather had a Mini-14. (still want one of those, too)

I got the Mini-14 out of my system early on. I couldn't hit the broadside of a barn while I was standing inside it with the one I had. I like accurate guns, the Mini-14 does not fit my definition of accurate in the slightest. Now the AR that I have is a sub 1/2" gun from the bench, that will work for me!

got one of these a few years ago when they first came out... for half the price. No chassis, but boyd's has nice options. 2A7ADD44-60A9-4E23-B643-AE7BE74D6ACA-1384-000002AC197EC493_tmp.jpg

I just ordered a Ruger PC 9 Carbine... stop tempting me ruger!

I bought a Ruger American Rimfire within a week of seeing one first advertised in the NRA magazine a couple years back. I bought the full-length version, then promptly had a gunsmith chop the first 4 inches and thread the muzzle. This RPR is making me WANT WANT WANT all over again. I'd buy this in a heartbeat...and they're only around $400!!

I just ordered a Ruger PC 9 Carbine... stop tempting me ruger!
This type of stuff is why Ruger is killing it and is one of the best gun companies going right now. Notice they didn't even wait for SHOT Show? No need. They simply introduce new guns whenever they've got 'em. Shoot, they come out with so many amazing new offerings that if they waited for SHOT or NRA, they'd have models all competing with each other for press. Ruger has mastered this part of marketing!

I'll give Ruger the obligatory year before buying any of their new projects. That should take care of the inevitable recalls that seem to plague their new designs.

Love the willingness to "innovate", hate that they rush guns to market and have so many recalls.

After a year, both the Precision rimfire and pc9 might be in the cards, just as fun guns...

This type of stuff is why Ruger is killing it and is one of the best gun companies going right now. Notice they didn't even wait for SHOT Show? No need. They simply introduce new guns whenever they've got 'em. Shoot, they come out with so many amazing new offerings that if they waited for SHOT or NRA, they'd have models all competing with each other for press. Ruger has mastered this part of marketing!
Actually its genius timing. They'll probably wait until after shot to start shipping them out in bulk so folks will flock to the ruger booth to get thier hands on one, and place thier orders. A few will trickle out in the mean time to tease us, and give gougers a chance to sell them for 4x retail.

If Ruger was serious they would also have a Left Hand model. Also a barrel with a Bentz chamber and a 1x9 twist. I do not see any of this. :(

Forgot to add that absolutely necessary threaded barrel. Can I have a Can? Can I Can? I Can?

All Oregon State Laws, US Code Laws And NFA Rules Apply.

Last Edited: