JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
beware
tumblr_o3b54iXUd81r868elo1_500.gif

So far all I have used is the supplied Ruger mag. If I can score another one for cheap that's all I need or if I stumble on a couple of good used Glock 17 rounders I'll go that route.
If you want cheap try 1 or 2 of the KCI. Sadly I gave away all my Glock Korean and ETS mags before I got mine. I already had 2 PCC's in 9mm that use Glock mags and both of them did not like the after market mags. So I gave them away here. I have since heard a few say their Ruger has no trouble with any of them. They both, (ETS and KCI) are very cheap right now. Cheap enough it could not hurt to give one or two a try.
Have not looked since but right after I got my Ruger I checked on the Ruger mags like the one that came with it. Just to see about maybe getting a few to go with it and the damn things were more expensive than new Glock Factory G-17 mags. So the insert and one Ruger mag went in a box. Have not looked to see if there is a cheap after market for the Ruger mags yet.

re: Glock mags
I chose these because of previous experience of reliability.

On the initial range run with mine, I discovered 2 issues that needed remedy:

1) my LGS took the wiggly magazine issue away, along with the intermittent fail-to-chamber problem; he said it was a known factory defect easy to fix. IIRC it was 'too long a feed ramp' or some such. In any case, he fixed it easily & there's no problem with either wiggly or feed.

2) In the clutch of used Glock mags I had left after abandoning the marque several years ago, there remained TWO mags (yes, factory Glock) that had considerable problem with fail to function properly. These happened to be from the period Glock was trying to supply a mag that when partially full, would manage to 'make itself a little fatter' and would not freely fall from the mag well. Mine also would occasionally burp & not want to feed. They also would prove to be either too plump to easily stuff in the mag well, or too fat to easily remove at my choice. Traded them back to the LGS for version that work perfectly.

At one time I was familiar with the (how many---was it 6???) similar looking but slightly different variant Glock supplied at different decades into its G19/17-is-new-and-wonder era.

In any case, the only mags I now have are Glock factory skinny models that work well.

Late on here but I bought 4 SGM Tactical (2-17 and 2-31 round) Glock style mags and haven't had a feeding failure yet. I also put a compensator on it to quiet the shooter end. Not really sure that was needed but the cost was reasonable. Use it mainly as my farm rifle. It's a small farm.
Quick pic...
D471BC10-A16F-4E57-ABCD-25D41954552E.jpeg

Last Edited:
I can't shake the thought of buying one of these as a non-permissive environment SHTF gun. What I mean by this is I always have to decide what I am bringing when I visit family in CA, or friends in Seattle that are anti gun. I usually end up breaking down my 300 blk, plus a bunch of mags, and tossing it in a duffle bag. But it + all my gear is super heavy. If I could just have this + suppresor + 9mm glock for CCW, + a pile of glock mags, I can't help but think it would be lighter and less conspicuous. Also, when traveling with it assembled it just looks kike a .22. Also CA legal.

However a 4" barreled glock mag AR pistol could fit the same bill, but not be CA legal.

20181125_115405.jpg Well I took the Ruger out for a test run. Wow, what a kick in the pants it is to shoot. The only range open was the 200 yard with steel plates but it didn't matter too much as I just wanted to say I shot it. Ran through a couple hundred rounds out of Glock and Magpul mags with not one problem. I have a Vortex Crossfire on order should be here this week but I did enjoy it with just the iron sights. Actually I was very close to the 200 yard steel but I had to put the front post covering the target so I didn't hit it just all around it. The range officer was amazed. I'm thinking this would be a great home defense gun. No overpenetration with the 9mm, it's a rifle/carbine so more accuracy than a pistol. Just a thought. I'm super glad I have one. Ruger definitely is on the mark with this one.
20181125_115354.jpg

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads