JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Hey, you were impressed with my .308 RAR.... when I was finally shooting the right target. :s0140:

You don't make a habbit of that do you? I was shooting centerfire comp a while back and our club was letting a couple new members sight in their rifles because we thought they were going to join in. Needless to say, one of them thought he could use my target, that I was using during the comp.. That wasn't you, was it? Never got the guys name...
dvyB8vV.jpg

Kind of funny...... Now..:D

You don't make a habbit of that do you? I was shooting centerfire comp a while back and our club was letting a couple new members sight in their rifles because we thought they were going to join in. Needless to say, one of them thought he could use my target, that I was using during the comp.. That wasn't you, was it? Never got the guys name...
View attachment 491435

Kind of funny...... Now..:D

If it was mine, it'd be the ones in the 10-ring. ;)

The American is the poor man's T3, which is probably the poor man's something else. For the price, the American is pretty awesome. Like you said, the cheapo stock is the only part I can really complain about. I switched mine out for a Boyds, not sure what there is for aftermarket synthetic choices if you worry about weight.

If you end up, getting the Tikka, make sure you like the stock, and don't end up in the same boat.

My Ruger from the 70's is sweet. Done everything I've asked it for over thirty years.
I got to admit though, I'm really liking my Tikka T3 swede. I have learned to over look the plastic trigger guard.
(do not use standard torque specs or it will compress)
At first, I thought I was missing the target till I got close and saw the ragged cloverleaf.

Last Edited:
I havent had a lot of time to work on load development lately because of work and life, but I was edging up to 3/4-5/8" groups where I left off with my RAP. I was shooting 143 grain ELDX, with around 41 grns of RL 17 IIRC.

Build Thread - Ruger American.

I know a Tikka will out shoot $10k bench rifles right out of the box and all, but I'm pretty happy slumming a Ruger American.;)

In all seriousness, a Tikka is on the lists of wants, just not a need at this point.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top