JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I recently dropped my 10/22 into a Butler Creek folding stock. It now looks much cooler, but now after I take about 50 shots, the rifle starts to malfunction. It will still fire, but the trigger does not reset. Instead, you have to manually push the trigger forward to take another shot. Needless to say, that is not the most desirable quality in a semi-auto. I took it out of the stock to clean it and noticed that the pin that holds the trigger in had started to back out. I pushed it back in, and it worked fine after that. The next time I took it out to the range, it did the same thing; about 50 shots, and then malfunction. Again, the pin backed out. That never happened in the factory stock, but I want to keep it in the folder. Does anyone have any ideas of what I could do to secure the pin so it won't back out? Thanks.

:s0155:

Take the pins and "peen" them with a hammer. Remove the pins from the trigger group. Stand them on end on a solid piece of metal like a vice. Tap the end with a decent metal hammer or mallet. Test the pins fit. You don't want to pound on them from the get go or they wont fit. If they are still loose you can repeat the process until they fit snug.

Take some Red Lock-Tight and apply it to both ends of the pin. Once dried the pin should stay in place.

OR

Replace the pin with a rolled seamed pin (rather than the solid one), that can be parted on the ends to fit securely.

Frog.

Take some Red Lock-Tight and apply it to both ends of the pin. Once dried the pin should stay in place.

Frog.

I was actually thinking of using a small bit of epoxy to do something like that. It seems like the problem is that the inside dimension of the new stock is a little larger than the factory wood stock and allows the pin to travel within the stock. I was thinking that the epoxy would also add a little to the overall dimension of the receiver so the pin would not be able to slide out.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

Back Top