JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I was gifted a very nice rifle in 6.5-06AI - It is on a FN Mauser Supreme action with a #4 Apex imperial barrel. It has a rubber bumper on the barrel. I have never shot a rifle with one of these bumpers before. What are the thoughts on these bumpers. Kind of ugly on such a beautiful rifle. I hand load so the question is do I need to use the bumper?

Guessing you mean a barrel tuner like this one. Do you need it? Probably not, but depending on your load and accuracy expectations it might help

Last Edited:
Just like the Browning/Winchester BOSS, it can be tuned to find a sweet spot that can improve groups. I'd rather tune the load to the rifle than have either one of those "tuners" anywhere near a rifle of mine.

You should put up some pics of the rifle, @JRuby

I hear they work but they are for handloaders that dont know how to fine tune their handload group so they do it with the barrel resonator.

Here is the rifle and I included my new ruger #1 in 9.3x74r for bragging.

20231208_161909.jpg

I'd replace the butt pad and check the stock channel. Clean it up if it's touching in spots then shoot it. If it doesn't shoot good, try a forend tip pressure pad. You should be able to make it shoot one of those ways.

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews