JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Just took delivery of a glock g26 gen 5 a couple days ago. At 50 ft targets, I get better accuracy from it than my Smith 686. Am pleased with that. The recoil is rough, however.

I just today put on the included midsize beavertail, in hopes to calm that down, but now the grip is pretty fat. Recoil or no, I surely need to keep a firm grip on it. Have not yet shot with the beavertail installed.

I like the thick rubber grips of my 686, and think I would like to find something similar to that for the g26.

Anybody have any recommendations?

You could always throw on a comp!

IMG_3551.jpeg

Talon Grips seconded, but I've since switched to skateboard tape on the grip and parts of the slide.

Yes, skateboard tape...
No judgement here. I stippled my EDC gun. Ugly as sin but does what I need it to do.

Little guns buck, you kind of can't get away from that whole equal and opposite thing we learned in High School physics class. You can add weight and cushioning to help or if you want to shoot more get a bigger gun. That's what I do, I have bigger heavier guns I shoot a lot and smaller, lighter guns I carry and shoot some. If you get similar models like a Glock 17 or 19 to go with your 26 it will feel in you hand the same with the same grip angle and texture. As you build familiarity with the bigger guns you'll be able to be more comfortable with the little gun because your hand will feel like we've been here before. As far as shooting skills they are transferable IMHO so shooting more will generally make you a better shot overall.

Get the Pearce mag extensions that give your pinky finger a good purchase on the gun. Just adding those made our G27 much easier to shoot.
(In case you don't know, the G27 is the same size as your G26 but is a .40 S&W rather than a 9mm.)

problem solved.

Just put the skateboard grip tape on left/right sides of grip. With the better handle on it, there's no shaking and no noticeable kick back.Took me 10 rounds to get used to the feel, but it's solid.

Worked on my stance, today, instead. Shoulder breadth turned out to be a good approach.

IMG_7896.jpeg

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR