JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Has anyone done or seen any testing on the actual use of this type of ammo in a room? Wondering what the likelihood of having a rubber pellet make its way back to the shooter is.

No...
However I would think that it would depend on what was struck.
Sheetrock walls...versus hardwood or brick walls may make a difference.

Good thing the rubber buck shot ain't loaded with those .25 cent "super bounce balls"... :D
Andy

Last Edited:
I remember reading once that those rubber, "Shotgun Bullets", not the pellets, could cause sever trama or even death at close range. :eek:

* I obliterated a spider and put a dent in my hardwood floor with a plastic AirSoft pellet. :( :rolleyes:

Has anyone done or seen any testing on the actual use of this type of ammo in a room? Wondering what the likelihood of having a rubber pellet make its way back to the shooter is.
I bought several flavors of this a month or so back. The ones with one ball, ones with 2 balls, and ones with 00 . When I asked the range they said no due to fear the stuff would bounce back. So I took a moving box, filled it with cardboard and tried it in one of the shop buildings here. The rounds with one or 2 balls shocked me. They sailed right through over 20 layers of cardboard. Hit the brick wall on the far side and I was able to find one of them. I am sure the others bounced off somewhere. The buckshot only made it through around 7 layers of cardboard. Those I have zero doubt if they hit something solid they would have to bounce off somewhere.

Moot because if you actually shot someone with one they'd likely get angry and bring your deathwish to fruition.

That is a great example of what to expect from this stuff. One co worker of mine keeps a short shotty at home loaded with the rubber buck. His reason is he does not want to damage the home and he plans to shoot the scum in the face if he shoots them. I would be leery of doing this to someone armed but, suspect most if shot in the face at close range it would probably take a lot of the fight out of them.

I remember reading once that those rubber, "Shotgun Bullets", not the pellets, could cause sever trama or even death at close range. :eek:

* I obliterated a spider and put a dent in my hardwood floor with a plastic AirSoft pellet. :( :rolleyes:
I would think that if you hurt a BG or maybe just put out an eye that that could end up being much worse. Mama's sweet boy couldn't have broken into your house, but if he's blinded he is also her sole means of support!

I have seen a lot of them fired in the confines of an 8x12 concrete cell. They bounce all over. Much like playing pool you can use the corners to strike targets hiding behind cover. they will leave dents in a stainless-steel toilet. they are mostly fired through a port in the door and the shooter wears a shield and safety glasses. I have also seen some nasty bruises that had to be treated in a hospital for several weeks. They are watched closely for dead and decaying cells causing blood clots. DR

Not a proud moment for me personally, I shot one at a stump about 20 yards away and that son of …. came right back and drilled me in the groin. One and only shot I've taken with that crap. Real eye opening experience 😳

Not a proud moment for me personally, I shot one at a stump about 20 yards away and that son of …. came right back and drilled me in the groin. One and only shot I've taken with that crap. Real eye opening experience 😳
Definitely a "Once learned, twice shy" kinda thing for sure. If you don't mind, I'm just gonna learn from you to not try that myself!

I have seen a lot of them fired in the confines of an 8x12 concrete cell. They bounce all over. Much like playing pool you can use the corners to strike targets hiding behind cover. they will leave dents in a stainless-steel toilet. they are mostly fired through a port in the door and the shooter wears a shield and safety glasses. I have also seen some nasty bruises that had to be treated in a hospital for several weeks. They are watched closely for dead and decaying cells causing blood clots. DR

Not a proud moment for me personally, I shot one at a stump about 20 yards away and that son of …. came right back and drilled me in the groin. One and only shot I've taken with that crap. Real eye opening experience
Thank you both for this information. I bought a box of 5 rounds years ago. Never fired any simply because I'm a tightwad and didn't want to waste any. Now I think I'll just let them sit on the shelf until I expire.

Blood clots, those are nasty things. I've had them in my lower leg and lungs. Now I'm on Eliquis for life. One more reason to avoid bodily punctures.

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews