JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hi guys. I'm shooting a RPR 6.5 creedmore with a Vortex Viper PST gen2 5-25x50 scope. The combo has been outstanding. I consistently get 3/8 inch groups or less at 100 yards using 130g Prime or Norma ammo or my reloads with 130g burger bullets. After sighting in at 200 yards i have 25 moa of elevation left. Im thinking about changing the 20 moa stock rail to a 40 moa rail. My thinking is it would give me back 20 moa in elevation making 45 up and 25 down split. I currently run out of adjustments past 1300 yards. That extra 20 moa would be beneficial.
Does anyone see a different way of gaining more moa elevation ?

Go for it, if you'll really still have 25 down.

Going to need to adjust the cheek riser up more. I've never shot an RPR so I don't know how high one can adjust that. Are you maxed out already?

When maxed out on elevation, you don't have much windage adjustment left either. Operating precision equipment right at it's extreme limits is never the best plan.

BTW I hope your just smacking steel plates or paper, and don't have delusions of grandeur about trying to kill game at those ranges...

Welcome to NWFA

Go for it, if you'll really still have 25 down.

Going to need to adjust the cheek riser up more. I've never shot an RPR so I don't know how high one can adjust that. Are you maxed out already?

When maxed out on elevation, you don't have much windage adjustment left either. Operating precision equipment right at it's extreme limits is never the best plan.

BTW I hope your just smacking steel plates or paper, and don't have delusions of grandeur about trying to kill game at those ranges...

Welcome to NWFA

Thanks for the vote of confidence. I still have plenty of cheek adjustments to play with. And no on shooting game animals beyond the energy of the load. But the gophers should not give me a chance...

That scope is listed to have 70 MOA of travel total. I would think with your current 20 MOA base you would have more travel left than 25 MOA. I know that it is all theoretical but... Let's say you start in the middle of your scope's range of travel so you should have 35 MOA up and down from there. You add your 20 MOA base to that and you should have 55 up/15 down.

Again, I understand that you may not start directly in the middle, advertised travel is not always what they really have and that your zero could alter all of this some but seems like you are a long way off from what it "should" be.

Thats what i thought also. Unless there somthing wrong with the new scope or a zero rail was put on at the factory i should have plenty of room but all i have left is 25 moa

That scope is listed to have 70 MOA of travel total. I would think with your current 20 MOA base you would have more travel left than 25 MOA. I know that it is all theoretical but... Let's say you start in the middle of your scope's range of travel so you should have 35 MOA up and down from there. You add your 20 MOA base to that and you should have 55 up/15 down.

Again, I understand that you may not start directly in the middle, advertised travel is not always what they really have and that your zero could alter all of this some but seems like you are a long way off from what it "should" be.

Wow, so he has less upward adjustment left than a flat rail should give? Something isn't right then...

Is that 20 moa rail an integral part of the receiver, or could it possibly have been installed backwards? :confused:

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews