JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Found this on the Survival Podcast Blog and knew I had to build it. Link
Built this about a month ago and have been very satisfied with it. The priciest thing I had to buy was the router bit, but then I'm a tool guy so didn't mind. I keep it in the garage, so not real happy with the temperature stability there, but that's the way it is. I have an insulated storage room that is used for long term food storage but this would not work there. I sprayed it with grey paint and it looks fairly decent, not that that matters. As a can is removed the next one rolls into place and the newest stock is at the tail end.;) Once you get the thing stocked it's easy to see where there is a shortage and a trip to Costco fills it back up. With rising food prices its also saves $$.

hey thanks for the link! I thought about building one as well, since retail one off the web was like $400. How much did it end up costing you (besides the router bit)?

hey thanks for the link! I thought about building one as well, since retail one off the web was like $400. How much did it end up costing you (besides the router bit)?
Think I spent around $85. I learned not to skimp on the shelf thickness. I used 5/8" and the can weight caused them to sag. To correct I added 1/8" all-thread to lift them level. 3/4' ply would be a better choice.
Found this other idea for canned goods that is clever: Link

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads