JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Found this on the Survival Podcast Blog and knew I had to build it. Link
Built this about a month ago and have been very satisfied with it. The priciest thing I had to buy was the router bit, but then I'm a tool guy so didn't mind. I keep it in the garage, so not real happy with the temperature stability there, but that's the way it is. I have an insulated storage room that is used for long term food storage but this would not work there. I sprayed it with grey paint and it looks fairly decent, not that that matters. As a can is removed the next one rolls into place and the newest stock is at the tail end.;) Once you get the thing stocked it's easy to see where there is a shortage and a trip to Costco fills it back up. With rising food prices its also saves $$.

hey thanks for the link! I thought about building one as well, since retail one off the web was like $400. How much did it end up costing you (besides the router bit)?

hey thanks for the link! I thought about building one as well, since retail one off the web was like $400. How much did it end up costing you (besides the router bit)?
Think I spent around $85. I learned not to skimp on the shelf thickness. I used 5/8" and the can weight caused them to sag. To correct I added 1/8" all-thread to lift them level. 3/4' ply would be a better choice.
Found this other idea for canned goods that is clever: Link

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top