JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
"Extreme right wing","Fringe" !?!? Why the name calling?

Very simple answer, from a long, long time ago:

"When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the loser" ~ Socrates

I like to post that from time to time to remind folks that when you resort to name-calling and character bashing, you're only admitting you have no real truth/facts on your side.

Meanwhile, a spokeswoman for the Bloomberg-backed committee that helped elect Riley and push hard for SB 641 this session, Everytown for Gun Safety, said the recall efforts amounted to "the dirty tricks of the gun lobby." :rolleyes:

Funny, considering the "gun lobby" really has nothing whatsoever to do with this recall effort. They're concerned and hope they can turn away votes by convincing people the whole process is failed before it even starts. Kind of funny to watch them squirm like that. My guess is they're terrified that people will actually turn out on these recalls.

Hoyle also defended her support of SB 941 -- which tightens extends background checks to private gun sales -- as "common sense."
"I want to be clear that I won't be intimidated away from doing what I think is right,"

And herein lies the problem...

Its what she thinks is right, not what her constituents think is right. We didnt hire her for what she thinks, we hired her to represent the will of the people.

Sign me up Bolus. I can offer a little financial support along with some volunteer time. Where/when to meet?

Riley's office, when asked for comment, issued a statement from the senator that called the petitions the work of "extreme right-wing groups" who "may not like the fact that I won":

a statement from McLain: Unfortunately, a fringe group has started a recall effort against me over my support of a bill that will close the background checks loophole for private gun sales. I believe that this bill will save lives by ensuring that this gaping loophole........

Hoyle also defended her support of SB 941 -- which tightens extends background checks to private gun sales -- as "common sense."
"I want to be clear that I won't be intimidated away from doing what I think is right,"

"Extreme right wing","Fringe" !?!? Why the name calling?

They have no respect for anyone who has an opposing view. I think Hoyle is about to find out WE won't be intimidated!

They are poking the bear and waking the dragon with these ridiculous terms :mad:

Yes, that information will show up here. we are still needing to finalize the petition forms (the state requires everything down to the weight of the paper approved before it can be used) then we will set up meetings to instruct the signature gatherers.

Thanks!
Maybe start a new thread when this info is available so everyone will see it?

Funny, considering the "gun lobby" really has nothing whatsoever to do with this recall effort. They're concerned and hope they can turn away votes by convincing people the whole process is failed before it even starts. Kind of funny to watch them squirm like that. My guess is they're terrified that people will actually turn out on these recalls.
What they got on their hands here is a REAL grass roots movement. Not a Union thing or a Billionaire backed fake "community organized" BS social justice protest thing or the asinine SLEEPS movement from out of state organizers promoting transient camps in city parks.
They have overreached, they think they can just dismiss our legitimate concerns and do what THEY WANT.
They will now be Recalled if we keep at it.
Keep Spreading the word!

Meanwhile, a spokeswoman for the Bloomberg-backed committee that helped elect Riley and push hard for SB 641 this session, Everytown for Gun Safety, said the recall efforts amounted to "the dirty tricks of the gun lobby." :rolleyes:

That sounds like dirty trick of the anti-gun lobby. Since Im a physician and I hate politics and Im about as close to a lobbyist as Im as close to being a salamander.

Has there been any thought about letting our fill in governor know that she is only temporary and that she will be facing voters next year. If she tramples on Oregonians rights by signing this into law she might as well start packing her bags. The voters WILL REMEMBER HER if she does not veto this illegal and un constitutional bill.

So here's the deal, I have more time on my hands since really all I have to do is do online classes. I want to expand the recall and am willing to put in the time and get the signatures. I am down in Linn/Benton area, how far can I take this recall thing?

So here's the deal, I have more time on my hands since really all I have to do is do online classes. I want to expand the recall and am willing to put in the time and get the signatures. I am down in Linn/Benton area, how far can I take this recall thing?

who is your senator and representative? If you would like to be a chief petitioner (person who initiates the recall who is registered to vote at an address in the legislator's district) I can put you in touch with the people that will make it happen. Send me a message with your contact information.

Has there been any thought about letting our fill in governor know that she is only temporary and that she will be facing voters next year. If she tramples on Oregonians rights by signing this into law she might as well start packing her bags. The voters WILL REMEMBER HER if she does not veto this illegal and un constitutional bill.

Brown has just come out and said she will sign it when it gets to her desk.
<broken link removed>

Why can't I start a recall process on our fake governor? Gelser is another one that must go down realistically she will be who I would file on. But I have no qualms about attempting to recall the governor.

I live in Portland, but I am willing to volunteer to help gather signatures wherever in the Portland metro. I have some restrictions around my work (I'm stuck with 24x7 on call for a week at a time every so often) but outside of that I can put in some time.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top