JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Oh my goodness! I'm laughing so hard. Ivan, that was the reply of the year. Truer words/advice haven't been spoken. I am going to save that response in my favorites. It's a classic.:s0112::s0114:

I know as I'm typing this some engineer at Tapco is designing a new rail mount for a D!ldo. While its quality will be questionable I'm sure it will fill the needs of a few shooters.

After reading Ivan's response several times and laughing so hard that I had some difficulty breathing and seeing, I have to admit that I was going done the wrong path of enlightenment. You see,I recently acquired an AR-15. After a few range trips,I had visions/ideas on what to add/modify my rifle to make it "better". I know now that all I need to do is go to range and shoot many magazines of cartridge,no? If I ever get the urge to hang a lot of "stuff" on my rifle I hope I'll hear Ivan's voice in my head, "Rifle is fine,you are problem,no?" Thanks C&H:s0155:

I posted this for a laugh - but IVAN has a decent point.
Nonetheless, if I find myself with enough money, I plan on tacticooling the heck out of an AR15, an AK47, an SKS, a home defense shotgun, and maybe even a Mosin in addition to a half dozen 10/22 rifles...

Of course, I'll do this after I've got one or two "regular" versions in the safe first.

There's definitely a time a place for guns tricked out videogame style. The time is after you have others, and the place is fun shoots in the woods with friends and family.

And for Grundel:
This link may be slightly NSFW - not bad, but depends where you work...

I put one of those NcStar rails on my CAI Tantal. I had some trouble making the thing stick without wobbling around...but I think I've got it now by kind of bending the thing along with a bit of filing. I put a cheap tasco red dot scope on it. Anyway, I like the setup b/c it is cheap! and seems to work well enough for plinking at 50 yards. Way more fun IMO to have even a cheapo red dot over iron sights for the AK, they just aren't like the AR and too tricky to adjust.

If I had my druthers I would rather have an AR with a fancy red dot or little scope, I know they are more or less accurate to 300 yards, but I'd rather not spend 1000 dollars!

Dobra Deen

I put one of those NcStar rails on my CAI Tantal. I had some trouble making the thing stick without wobbling around...but I think I've got it now by kind of bending the thing along with a bit of filing. I put a cheap tasco red dot scope on it. Anyway, I like the setup b/c it is cheap! and seems to work well enough for plinking at 50 yards. Way more fun IMO to have even a cheapo red dot over iron sights for the AK, they just aren't like the AR and too tricky to adjust.

If I had my druthers I would rather have an AR with a fancy red dot or little scope, I know they are more or less accurate to 300 yards, but I'd rather not spend 1000 dollars!

Dobra Deen

A co-worker just built one for $500. That was a series of good deals, but getting an AR for $600-$650 is fairly easy.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top