JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Oh my goodness! I'm laughing so hard. Ivan, that was the reply of the year. Truer words/advice haven't been spoken. I am going to save that response in my favorites. It's a classic.:s0112::s0114:

I know as I'm typing this some engineer at Tapco is designing a new rail mount for a D!ldo. While its quality will be questionable I'm sure it will fill the needs of a few shooters.

After reading Ivan's response several times and laughing so hard that I had some difficulty breathing and seeing, I have to admit that I was going done the wrong path of enlightenment. You see,I recently acquired an AR-15. After a few range trips,I had visions/ideas on what to add/modify my rifle to make it "better". I know now that all I need to do is go to range and shoot many magazines of cartridge,no? If I ever get the urge to hang a lot of "stuff" on my rifle I hope I'll hear Ivan's voice in my head, "Rifle is fine,you are problem,no?" Thanks C&H:s0155:

I posted this for a laugh - but IVAN has a decent point.
Nonetheless, if I find myself with enough money, I plan on tacticooling the heck out of an AR15, an AK47, an SKS, a home defense shotgun, and maybe even a Mosin in addition to a half dozen 10/22 rifles...

Of course, I'll do this after I've got one or two "regular" versions in the safe first.

There's definitely a time a place for guns tricked out videogame style. The time is after you have others, and the place is fun shoots in the woods with friends and family.

And for Grundel:
This link may be slightly NSFW - not bad, but depends where you work...

I put one of those NcStar rails on my CAI Tantal. I had some trouble making the thing stick without wobbling around...but I think I've got it now by kind of bending the thing along with a bit of filing. I put a cheap tasco red dot scope on it. Anyway, I like the setup b/c it is cheap! and seems to work well enough for plinking at 50 yards. Way more fun IMO to have even a cheapo red dot over iron sights for the AK, they just aren't like the AR and too tricky to adjust.

If I had my druthers I would rather have an AR with a fancy red dot or little scope, I know they are more or less accurate to 300 yards, but I'd rather not spend 1000 dollars!

Dobra Deen

I put one of those NcStar rails on my CAI Tantal. I had some trouble making the thing stick without wobbling around...but I think I've got it now by kind of bending the thing along with a bit of filing. I put a cheap tasco red dot scope on it. Anyway, I like the setup b/c it is cheap! and seems to work well enough for plinking at 50 yards. Way more fun IMO to have even a cheapo red dot over iron sights for the AK, they just aren't like the AR and too tricky to adjust.

If I had my druthers I would rather have an AR with a fancy red dot or little scope, I know they are more or less accurate to 300 yards, but I'd rather not spend 1000 dollars!

Dobra Deen

A co-worker just built one for $500. That was a series of good deals, but getting an AR for $600-$650 is fairly easy.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top