JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I'd love this on a ruger wrangler, thread the barrel, use ammo that is subsonic out of the barrel length,, have some fun. Now if they added larger calibers, I can legitimately see it as a useful safety device. The blast coming out of the 454 with hot loads is substantial, and I have considered making this myself, before seeing this.
Why not just throw some standard earmuff type ear protection on there? It looks like that's all this POS "device" is. Maybe a more fire retardant version than standard foam inside.

The federal definition of a silencer is "any device for silencing, muffling, or diminishing the report of a portable firearm". I wonder if the last part ("diminishing the report") could cause them issues? :s0076:

The federal definition of a silencer is "any device for silencing, muffling, or diminishing the report of a portable firearm". I wonder if the last part ("diminishing the report") could cause them issues? :s0076:
Good Q. From a legal standpoint it seems to me (using that federal definition) that one might need two stamps if using a silencer and this "muffler" because both cause diminished report. Fe if u had a suppressor only and gun produces 148db. then let's say that with silencer + muffler it produces 140 decibels.

If someone used this earmuff thing without a suppressor as a method to prevent gas discharge to their hand but it didn't change the report (ie the decibels were the same with or without the muffler), then it wouldn't need a stamp (by that federal definition). ...Assuming the db "report" is the same (which is a big assumption without actually testing the db levels).

Contrast that with a flash can type device that projects the sound forward away from the shooter but the db report is not reduced.

Seems like a huge waste of time to me to put some type of "hobo" solution on a revolver but to each their own.

Why not just throw some standard earmuff type ear protection on there? It looks like that's all this POS "device" is. Maybe a more fire retardant version than standard foam inside.
I would have to see how it was made. I could see a nice steel clamshell for a Ruger wrangler being fun. But the only way I see it being functional is on a single action or on a hinge on one side

For a big bore, a finger blast shield would need only be like a linear comp. Though, I can see the merits of a 45LC with the gap gasses contained for utilizing a suppressor. 454, not worth the suppressor as that sucker will make a sonic boom anyway, and the size of the suppressor is prohibitive. But something to make sure no digits get burned?

I last shot my 454 with hot loads on a day after I burned the top of my left pinky on the forge. Lets just say I learned how much hot gas was still coming towards that finger, which was behind the cylinder gap. Made me think similar thoughts.

Upcoming Events

Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top