JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Rant,
Frustrating....
The revolver was a bucket list that 114 forced to the surface. I paid 375 for it not including shipping or BGC).

Im not going to look up receipts but I estimate Ive spent about roughly $75 on ammo thru this, after sending it back twice. To receive the gun, twice, I have to take time off work to be home to sign for the package, which costs PTO time. $75 + 1 to 2 days PTO time added to the cost of the gun, .....so far. Is this pistol worth it?

its late. I'll send them an email this week.

What is a cylinder crane?

and sadly I suspect I need to send it back. Again. For the third time. At least this time its a totally different reason, the gun didnt even revolve out of the box, and still didnt after they "fixed" it the first time. Now it revolves... and fires, but blows back stuff at me.
I'm thinking not a totally different reason. If the revolver cylinder didn't revolve at all something was badly bent or malformed. Maybe they fixed it by bending that something, but too little or too much the first time and cylinder still didn't revolve. (If they did anything at all. Any evidence they did anything the first time?). So now cylinder at least revolves, but the something that was bent or misshapen has been bent too little or too much and now the cylinder turns and is causing a gap that makes the gun dangerous.

I think NA must have the worst quality control ever. I never even heard of a new revolver shipping with a cylinder that doesnt revolve. Let alone being "fixed" and sent back with a cylinder that still doesnt revolve. Now they have probably bent the whatever the second time too littke or too much, and sent it back to you without ever test firing it to make sure the gun was fixed. Sounds like just one problem and a company that has contempt for quality control and you the customer. And figures they can just outlast you until the warranty expires. I think they intend to cheat you. So one thing you need is evidence the problem existed during the warranty.

I think I would write a short document saying when you bought the gun, that the cylinder didn't turn, that after they "fixed" it and returned it, the cylinder still did not turn. That after they "fixed" it the second time the cylinder turned but the gun is now unsafe to fire. It spat debris in your eye and hand. That had you not been wearing eye protection, you would probably now be blind in one eye. (Enclosed is a photo of the damage the gun did to my hand. It took a week to heal.)

I would close with something like "Please send me a refund for xxx, the full cost of the gun. I will hold the gun until I have the refund, as I may need the gun as evidence in a court of law. After I have received the refund I will return the gun to you at your expense. "

I would make two copies, have them notarize your signature and date. keep one copy and send the other to head of legal for company. You'll need to have every page notarized. So best you can keep it to one page. Your bank probably has one or more employees who are notary publics who will charge the minimal fee.

I would advise against shooting the gun again. Or sending it back to them and letting them pretend to fix it again and shooting whatever they sent back.

What is a cylinder crane?

and sadly I suspect I need to send it back. Again. For the third time. At least this time its a totally different reason, the gun didnt even revolve out of the box, and still didnt after they "fixed" it the first time. Now it revolves... and fires, but blows back stuff at me.
Sounds like it's time for them to simply replace the defective unit with a properly functioning unit.

I too think its time they just send you a new gun. That it did not even work when new, and now is doing this after "fixing it"? This is VERY poor customer service from them. They need to scrap that one and make you a new one with the same serial number.

Here you go!

Convincing a company to replace the entire gun is not easy (ive done it once actuall...)
And then Id have to pay for anothe BGC.
(If... I can get it thru in time.... )

Convincing a company to replace the entire gun is not easy (ive done it once actuall...)
And then Id have to pay for anothe BGC.
(If... I can get it thru in time.... )
I have seen it done where they just make a new gun with the same serial #. So they are returning "your gun" back to you just like they did twice but, its a whole new gun. So not being a manufacturer, but having seen this done I have to guess it is legal for them to do so. Sure sounds like this is what NAA needs to do. Sure sounds like they sent out a gun that is so FUBAR there is no "fixing it". They need to just replace it. It is sad they have screwed around this long and not done this. They had to have either not bothered to test fire the damn thing after they tried to fix it or the people doing the test firing are idiots. Not a good look for the Co.

I have seen it done where they just make a new gun with the same serial #. So they are returning "your gun" back to you just like they did twice but, its a whole new gun. So not being a manufacturer, but having seen this done I have to guess it is legal for them to do so. Sure sounds like this is what NAA needs to do.
Thats good to know.
Few years ago i had to demand a full replacement on a true lemon and after much work I got my way but they had me send the old one back and sent me an entirely different new one, i had to pay for a second BGC. I was not happy but after what i went thru I felt id settle on that.

It would be much easier if NAA just remade the same gun.

i'm amazed that you have sent this back twice and it still is not proper.
I would follow the excellent advice of "oldbroad44" above but also enclose a pict of your hand injury.
Also demand a full refund or replacement firearm...preferably full refund.
I was going to suggest doing the test mentioned above by CO136 and sending that along also...but as mentioned i would not fire another single round out of that defective firearm.
Good luck

i'm amazed that you have sent this back twice and it still is not proper.
I would follow the excellent advice of "oldbroad44" above but also enclose a pict of your hand injury.
Also demand a full refund or replacement firearm...preferably full refund.
I was going to suggest doing the test mentioned above by CO136 and sending that along also...but as mentioned i would not fire another single round out of that defective firearm.
Good luck
I figure demanding a full refund is the best initial bargaining position. You should include ffl fees and any mail costs. Its a strong position as long as you have the gun in your posession, because it is a demonstrably unsafe gun and in an actual court case a jury might choose to award you way more than the cost of the gun. And you could sue them for way more than the cost of the gun. Maybe 50,000 for pain and suffering, for example. However, it's just a bargaining position. They might agree readily because of the legal liability. Alternatively they may counter with an offer to send you a brand new gun. In which you could, if you wish, counter with agreeing with the new gun but also requiring a statement saying that they have test fired the new gun and it functions properly, but they still have to pay the ffl fees for new and old gun in money.

It may be legal and possible to put the same serial number on a new gun but I'm guessing they can't do that legally without destroying the old gun. And you shouldn't give up the old gun until you have full restitution. Without the gun they can laugh at you. With the gun, if they continue to try to blow you off you can take the problem to an injury lawyer who does the legal work for a share of the award.

Last Edited:
no company is going to ship a new (replacement) gun without first getting the old gun.

Im thankful for everyones support here, you can feel my frustration. Id really prefer to have this model than not, these tiny guns are fun and i think the PUG model has an edge over the others in its class.

I need to think about my approach. I might ask for a replacement or full refund as a starting point, to steer them away from offering yet another repair attempt.

Well I sent them an email in short asking them if they can build a new gun. We will see what happens.

I sent them an email on Monday evening. Tonight is Thursday and no reply.
I send them another separate email.

Im patient. (I also have another NAA that works fine so no hurry)

But yes, I will not be letting this go.
If they keep dragging their feet may be time to mention lawyer. The pics of your hand say that thing may actually be a hazard. Its really a damn shame the Co is acting like this. They are NOT doing themselves any favors by treating someone who got a defective product from them like this. Really disappointing.

I cant afford a lawyer.
I did not mean actually hire one over something like this. Just mention to them this thing is actually causing damage to you. That it looks like this could lead to a personal injury thing if it goes off. Really a damn shame the place has dragged this off this damn far. I have had,and still have one of their guns. Had never heard anything bad about them until now. EVERYONE lets out a problem now and then. Its how they deal with it that says a LOT about the Co. What NAA is doing is toxic and shocking they are handling this in the way they are. Really sad. Stuff like this would make me inclined to not want to buy anything from them again. This was why I never ended up with a Seecamp. I for years fondled several at shows back when it took years to get one any other way. The only reason I never bought is even back then reports of the owner treating people who got a problem like he could care less. Companies can't act like this. :(

I did not mean actually hire one over something like this. Just mention to them this thing is actually causing damage to you. That it looks like this could lead to a personal injury thing if it goes off. Really a damn shame the place has dragged this off this damn far. I have had,and still have one of their guns. Had never heard anything bad about them until now. EVERYONE lets out a problem now and then. Its how they deal with it that says a LOT about the Co. What NAA is doing is toxic and shocking they are handling this in the way they are. Really sad. Stuff like this would make me inclined to not want to buy anything from them again. This was why I never ended up with a Seecamp. I for years fondled several at shows back when it took years to get one any other way. The only reason I never bought is even back then reports of the owner treating people who got a problem like he could care less. Companies can't act like this. :(
I have news, but first on your point.... the frustration of having to send something back multiple times for the same problem is really bad. Then to get it back and the "fix" produces an entirely different problem thats actually just as bad as the first.... is horrible crafstmanship.

That said, I have heard of no bad reviews, in fact before I made the choice to buy one Ive read they have excellent customer service..... so with that in mind, the news.
I got an email reply on the email I sent on Monday. They were very apologetic, and admitted the photos I sent them were not up to their quality so at least I dont have to wrestle with them admitting their is an issue. They sent a pre paid shipping label so today off it went, back again for the 3 time now.

The last two trips took around 3 weeks turnaround. Now I wait.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top