JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
We all know that the Taurus/Rossi Judge line can shoot 45 colt and 410 shot shell. I was reading up on my Circuit Judge and although It can chamber a colt +p and 454 casull the manual does not recommend using these. The raging judge is the go to for those. I have some +P because sometimes ( a lot of the time ) there isn't much available in 45 colt so the +P gets the buy. I don't mind the extra kick and its currently the only gun I have that can chamber the larger +P cartridge. I would swap my cylinder to a raging Judge if I had one. So I'm looking for incite or ideas on how to deal with the higher pressure rounds if it even has an effect. I do not have any 454 Casull so not worried about that.

We all know that the Taurus/Rossi Judge line can shoot 45 colt and 410 shot shell. I was reading up on my Circuit Judge and although It can chamber a colt +p and 454 casull the manual does not recommend using these. The raging judge is the go to for those. I have some +P because sometimes ( a lot of the time ) there isn't much available in 45 colt so the +P gets the buy. I don't mind the extra kick and its currently the only gun I have that can chamber the larger +P cartridge. I would swap my cylinder to a raging Judge if I had one. So I'm looking for incite or ideas on how to deal with the higher pressure rounds if it even has an effect. I do not have any 454 Casull so not worried about that.
I have a Circuit Judge and honestly haven't shot it a lot. The .45 Colt loads I've fired through it were handloads that I shot in a Ruger Blackhawk and a S&W Governor without any issues. (Both of those revolvers have moved on to new owners.) I have had some issues with those loads sticking in the cylinder on the Circuit Judge. I don't believe they are particularly hot loads, so I'm not sure why they stick. Sometimes they don't stick, sometimes they do. I'm pretty good about keeping my guns clean and as I said, the Circuit Judge hasn't been shot much, so I'm at a bit of a loss as to why the cases stick. A couple of them I had to brace the cylinder on the gun bench and beat them out with a wooden dowel. I would be extremely hesitant to shoot even a .45 Colt +P cartridge.

I haven't shot any shot shells with it.

If the manual does not say to use them, I would not use them. It may not be designed for anything beyond standard pressure. You could also call/email and get it in writing that it CAN handle +p safely.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top