JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Mine came in today. Went bought some Meguiars wash/wax. Filled the drum up with 100 7mm Rem, 50 338 Lapua and 20 30-06, added 1/4 cup of Meguiars and 1oz of lemon juice. Set the timer for 90 minutes, watched some TV with the wife, came back to the cleanest brass I can remember.
This thing is AWESOME !!

OTHER NOTES:
  1. The biggest plus is the use of the wash/wax, in this case Meguiars, which I used only because it was cheaper than Armorall. In reviews I read, both products performed equally. I posted pictures of the difference I have when using wash/wax vs. not.
    Thanks for the tip @Dyjital!
  2. I will be getting their magnetic separator. Separating out 1 lb of pins is no big deal. Separating out 5 lbs, instead of being 5x more work, seems like 10x. I had to use my own magnets with paper on them to separate the pins from the magnet. When I pulled the paper away, many pins shot all over the garage floor, as if they exploded from off the magnet.
[edit] the upper casing was tumbled in the new tumbler for 90 minutes. The lower case was tumbled in my Harbor Freight rock tumbler for ~2 hours. Note you can still see some writing on the case (I mark my loads right on my case). It would say "H870 91.3" which is a pet load for 250gr .338 Hornady SP's.
brass.jpg

I will be getting their magnetic separator. Separating out 1 lb of pins is no big deal. Separating out 5 lbs, instead of being 5x more work, seems like 10x. I had to use my own magnets with paper on them to separate the pins from the magnet. When I pulled the paper away, many pins shot all over the garage floor, as if they exploded from off the magnet.

Their magnet does work nicely. But if you find yourself having to use a regular magnet again, try pulling a thin plastic bag over the magnet, pick up the metal, then reverse the back back off the magnet - your metal will be contained in the bag and will separately nicely.

Which Meg's stuff did you get? Gold Class?

Mine cases don't look dark like yours after time, i use lemishine and a little dish soap, but they're not quite as bright as the top example.

Also, try less time, i found 45 mins on a half load was plenty.

So here's a quick Vs between gold class and UWW that i found. Obviously it's based on car washing, but i'm thinking we'd probably want to use gold class based on this:

Some car Forum said:
Here are a few comparisons that will help you.

UWW

• Produces more suds
  • Pleasant fragrance in the water, not as much in the bottle
  • Cleans equally as well as Gold Class
  • Dries easily, for me, drying time was reduced because of how the water sheeted off.
GC

• Costs less
  • Maybe perception, but I think my paint's color has a darker/richer tone when using GC.
If price were the same, I'd use UWW. I'm just not sure if your car is waxed and protect if using UWW is a wise decision. I believe UWW is slicker.
Read more at <broken link removed>

I can clearly feel a film on the casings. Not so on my other brass tumbled the old way.
Gonna see how it works in the dies with less lube.
Your doing pistol right?

On rifle brass:
Lube, size, clean, load.

Pistol:
Size, clean, load.

I'd be careful using "less lube", the wax on the cases won't help them glide in your dies. Trust me. I've extracted my fair share in the last year.

Your doing pistol right?

On rifle brass:
Lube, size, clean, load.

Pistol:
Size, clean, load.

I'd be careful using "less lube", the wax on the cases won't help them glide in your dies. Trust me. I've extracted my fair share in the last year.

Good to know, thanks. These are all big rifle cases. Too much lube, you're denting the shoulder, too little and you're extracting a case. I've never cleaned after sizing. Clean/Size/Wipe/Prime/Load/Shoot.

I loaded so much 40 S&W ~3 years ago that I'm still pretty set for a year. Need to do 9. I've used a silicone spray for my lube & carbide dies. Never had a stuck one.

Heh, not likely to be upset, i'll wait for a hot day and a comparison sounds good. I've had the reloading stuff for over a year and to date, i have reloaded exactly: 0 rounds of ammunition.....

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top