JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
So, for many years I had a C&R license and collected a small number of items over that time. When it came up for renewal a few years back, I opted to not renew said because:

• My interests had shifted to other items.
  • The milsurp market had, more or less, dried up. At least compared to yesteryear.
  • While not onerous time-wise (just some record keeping and I had only one compliance inspection over the years), I was slammed for time in that era.
  • Due to the time slammage, I wasn't traveling out of state hardly at all.
  • The discounts offered by vendors weren't any real benefit to what I was buying.
  • And the biggest reason: I found getting sellers on the auction sites troublesome when it came to shipping to a C&R. Quite a few would list an obviously C&R-eligible item, even list it in the C&R category, but then wouldn't ship to said. After seeing it so many times, I always asked before placing a bid and found a huge number were totally clueless when it came to C&R licenses.
Anyway, I got to thinking about applying for a license again, largely "just because". Questions:

• Does Oregon SB 941 prevent buying firearms from out of state and having them directly transferred to an 03FFL? If the answer is "Yes, they all have to go through a dealer," then it is a moot point and I'm not going to bother with it.
  • If I became licensed again, do I reactive my old bound book, start a new one, or does it matter? I, naturally, kept all my records including said log.
  • Can anyone think of any advantages that I might have missed?
Thanks all. :)

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads