JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I kinda followed this story from the beginning. The kid was a student looking for directions. And was clearly running away and the guy took a shot anyway. To make some kind of statement that he was tired of "putting up" with neighborhood problems.

Total racial profiling.

Just proves you can ruin your entire life with one monumental idiotic decision...Don't drop the soap "Sparky"

Seriously. That poor kid needs a hug.

If I was closer, he'd be getting a ride to school in my 2017 WRX. Along with all new school supplies, backpack and a kick azz lunch.

A 14 year old lost, after missing the bus? Watch the video, he was absolutely ZERO threat. But the color of his skin made him a target. :mad::mad::mad:

@Medic! and @Kruel J, agreed, feel so badly for the young man. That had to have been a horrifying experience. Ditto the mom; coming that close to losing a kiddo is not something any of us parents ever want to think about, let alone nearly happen. Fortunately, the innocents are safe, and the moron is going a way for a decade.

I watched it.

Made my gut tighten up.
I feel so sad for the kid.

Same! I hope this kid can realize that not all of us folks with lighter skin treat people with darker skin like that. Racism has ZERO place in 2018.

Shooting at/a fleeing person in almost any situation will land a person in trouble, however, and this may or not be the case in this particular instance, being lost and asking for directions is also a well known "angle" when people attempting to perform B&E's knock or ring a doorbell to find that the house is actually occupied.

At 14 a person is easily involved in that kind of illegal activity and although this may have no bearing on it being a good shoot vs a bad shoot in this particular instance, it illuminates the potentiality that the story of being lost and asking for directions isn't as innocent and benign as it may be assumed to be.

It's actually a great tactic, knock / ring, most people answer their door, if no one answers, GTG, if someone does answer, having a prescripted story of asking for directions gives the perp plausible deniability for what they were planning.

Are we assuming this 14 year old had no cell phone to get directions with, or was it verified in the story that he didn't have a cell phone? Don't know, didn't read it, but I'd be extremely surprised in this day of Obama phones that a 14 year old didn't have a phone = directions at the finger tips.

Shooting at/a fleeing person in almost any situation will land a person in trouble, however, and this may or not be the case in this particular instance, being lost and asking for directions is also a well known "angle" when people attempting to perform B&E's knock or ring a doorbell to find that the house is actually occupied.

At 14 a person is easily involved in that kind of illegal activity and although this may have no bearing on it being a good shoot vs a bad shoot in this particular instance, it illuminates the potentiality that the story of being lost and asking for directions isn't as innocent and benign as it may be assumed to be.

It's actually a great tactic, knock / ring, most people answer their door, if no one answers, GTG, if someone does answer, having a prescripted story of asking for directions gives the perp plausible deniability for what they were planning.

Are we assuming this 14 year old had no cell phone to get directions with, or was it verified in the story that he didn't have a cell phone? Don't know, didn't read it, but I'd be extremely surprised in this day of Obama phones that a 14 year old didn't have a phone = directions at the finger tips.

Not everyone is privileged enough to own a cell phone. And nice Obama reference too. Amazing how you take the angle that this kid is guilty. Wow.

Are we assuming this 14 year old had no cell phone to get directions with, or was it verified in the story that he didn't have a cell phone?

I don't know about the verification part, but it has been reported he didn't have his phone with him and that his mother had taken the phone from him. Is that the fact? I have no idea. But an adolescent forgetting something, or a phone being removed by a parent as a disciplinary measure, which is what the news report state, is within the realm of possibility.

Not everyone is privileged enough to own a cell phone. And nice Obama reference too. Amazing how you take the angle that this kid is guilty. Wow.

If you read my post objectively, you will find I state no blame on the 14 year old. I do however examine the reality of our society, part of that reality is acknowledging that being 14 doesn't immediately make someone without fault, and many teens have been caught participating in illegal activity under the guise of "simply asking a question."

Referring to owning a cell phone as "privileged" is a absolute joke. At this day in society welfare programs provide people with cell phones, in addition to that, bums have them for crying out loud, and they have become so cheap that even a child who mows the occasional lawn can afford a phone.

All we can examine here are the facts, if there is video evidence, or witnesses to collaborate events to prove anything than those are all the facts we have to work with. We can't prove what the 14 year old would or would not have done had the resident not been home so all we can work with is the facts as they remain with whatever evidence there may be, but we do have a long list of parents with kids who "bubblegumnuttin" and later that proved to be untrue. I simply pointed out another perspective without placing any particular blame.

I found it rather odd that so much emphasis was placed on the race of the 14 year old. If we are on one hand going to make race a big deal regarding who the victim is, than it would appear that crime statistics regarding race and predominant perpetrators of crime per capita would also make a surface.

If you are offended by my reference to Obama, the president who worked to expand services that are provided to welfare recipients, then I'm not sure there is a cure for that fragility.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top