JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
If you read my post objectively, you will find I state no blame on the 14 year old. I do however examine the reality of our society, part of that reality is acknowledging that being 14 doesn't immediately make someone without fault, and many teens have been caught participating in illegal activity under the guise of "simply asking a question."

Referring to owning a cell phone as "privileged" is a absolute joke. At this day in society welfare programs provide people with cell phones, in addition to that, bums have them for crying out loud, and they have become so cheap that even a child who mows the occasional lawn can afford a phone.

All we can examine here are the facts, if there is video evidence, or witnesses to collaborate events to prove anything than those are all the facts we have to work with. We can't prove what the 14 year old would or would not have done had the resident not been home so all we can work with is the facts as they remain with whatever evidence there may be, but we do have a long list of parents with kids who "bubblegumnuttin" and later that proved to be untrue. I simply pointed out another perspective without placing any particular blame.

I found it rather odd that so much emphasis was placed on the race of the 14 year old. If we are on one hand going to make race a big deal regarding who the victim is, than it would appear that crime statistics regarding race and predominant perpetrators of crime per capita would also make a surface.

If you are offended by my reference to Obama, the president who worked to expand services that are provided to welfare recipients, then I'm not sure there is a cure for that fragility.

Uh huh. Well, since his attorneys couldn't defend him and a judge and jury of his peers found him guilty I just wonder why you think you should, or even better COULD come here and defend him? :rolleyes:

Uh huh. Well, since his attorneys couldn't defend him and a judge and jury of his peers found him guilty I just wonder why you think you should, or even better COULD come here and defend him? :rolleyes:

Again, I'd you read my post objectively. You will find no defense for the shooter or blame on the 14 year old, but even an acknowledgement that shooting anyone running away regardless of the situation will predominantly always lead to charges for the shooter. Even if the shooter had been physically assaulted and then the perp ran away, shooting him would no longer be considered legal if he was running away.

The point rather was simply an acknowledgment that being 14 does not immediately equate to innocent of clandestine activities.

It's ok to have opinions that contradict despite what the left may be pushing, though, I don't see how we have had a chance to have much controversy between our points of view as I have yet to indicate my personal opinion on a guilty party. What it the Obama reference that made you disgruntled?

Again, I'd you read my post objectively. You will find no defense for the shooter or blame on the 14 year old, but even an acknowledgement that shooting anyone running away regardless of the situation will predominantly always lead to charges for the shooter. Even if the shooter had been physically assaulted and then the perp ran away, shooting him would no longer be considered legal if he was running away.

The point rather was simply an acknowledgment that being 14 does not immediately equate to innocent of clandestine activities.

It's ok to have opinions that contradict despite what the left may be pushing, though, I don't see how we have had a chance to have much controversy between our points of view as I have yet to indicate my personal opinion on a guilty party. What it the Obama reference that made you disgruntled?

Anyone who shoots at someone who is CLEARLY running away WILL get convicted. The Obama reference? I just don't know what you meant by this:

"but I'd be extremely surprised in this day of Obama phones that a 14 year old didn't have a phone = directions at the finger tips."

I once grounded my then-18 year old daughter from her phone for a month. No phone, no internet. 3 years ago. No joke. I guess I'm unsure what "Obama phones" means........

Anyone who shoots at someone who is CLEARLY running away WILL get convicted. The Obama reference? I just don't know what you meant by this:

"but I'd be extremely surprised in this day of Obama phones that a 14 year old didn't have a phone = directions at the finger tips."

I once grounded my then-18 year old daughter from her phone for a month. No phone, no internet. 3 years ago. No joke. I guess I'm unsure what "Obama phones" means........

Regardless of the illegal discharge of a firearm in the video because clearly it is. I call complete and total absolute BS that a 14 year old kid does not know how to get to his high school. So the premise of the story from the start is flawed from my perspective. It is easy to paint the shooter as the evil side of this story, clearly he broke the law based on the evidence we have, but "asking for directions" is exactly the alibi any teen would use when performing a "test" knock. The story even acknowledges that their house has been broken into 5 previous times and the fact remains that teenagers are increasingly becoming the new face of daytime B&E while they otherwise would have been in school.

I think there is stereotyping going on here on two counts. Possibly more than you realize, the 14 year old boy in the video is being portrayed as a model student simply lost and as innocent as can be. The young mother of course has a perfect child who would never ever do anything to cause someone to be aggressive and the video clearly shows that the boy simply checks the door, gets an armed response and then runs away. What we will never know is what would have happened if no one was home to answer the door.

Call me a cynic. I'm simply acknowledging the circumstances.

Regarding cell phone confiscation in parenting, it happens, it makes total sense, its a good intervention when kids are getting out of line. I simply view the concept of a kid, possibly lacking a cell phone, knocking on a strangers door to ask for directions as inconsistent with our current society.

The end result if anything, primarily demonstrates that home security cameras may not be a benefit to a homeowner as they rarely lead to an arrest of individuals but provided damming evidence against the homeowner. If a person hadn't ruined their life being stupid in this story, the notion would be almost comical the irony of it all. Put up cameras to catch criminals/protect your house and then be put in jail because of the video your own cameras captured.

Curious why his phone privileges were taken away. :confused: Possibly skipping school?:rolleyes:
!4 years old and got lost going too school? Please no short buss jokes. I suspect it may be the fault of the educational system in general. I know when I was 9 I could have made it to and from school by at least 3 different routes and they were uphill both ways and in the snow.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top