JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I have a Tisas Stingray and gotta say it is a sweet shooting gun. I have to qualify yearly for retired LEO status so I take a Girsan MC P35 with me. I actually qualified with something else but grabbed the P35 when we had some free time. Buddy next to me was showing off his new Stacatto. We start shooting some drills and the P35 had 0 issues keeping up and staying on target. In fact, I was impressed on how accurate it was. I would say I am an average or slightly above average shooter too.
You can hate the politics of the Turks but they make some good stuff. I'm sure many have some AKs in their safes.

I like to raz the double stack 1911 crowd. I tell them I have a double stack that shoots bigger holes, it's called a G41! :)

Sometimes you gotta put your money where your mouth is and sometimes that means grabbing a fork so you can eat your words. That's kind of where I'm at with Turkish firearms. I've long experienced and seen evidence of Turkish firearms being poorly made, poorly finished and poor performing. Of the last three Turkish guns I've purchased, all are at a minimum acceptable performers and one in particular is a surprising home run.

I've purchased a Springfield model 2020 rimfire which can nearly keep up with my Ruger precision rimfire. Nearly. It feeds, goes bang and extracts smoothly and generally puts the lead where the cross hairs tell it to.

I bought a canik rival S (steel frame) which shoots toe to toe with my CZ Shadow 2. It's like cheating. Several hundred rounds in with no malfunctions, no grittiness and exceptional accuracy.

I even picked up a Tea Sauce 1911 DS 9MM and it just went through 300 rounds with no hiccups on it's very first range trip. Accuracy could be better, could be worse. About on par with a Glock or so. Was shooting way left (I'm a lefty) for the first dozen rounds or so, then I Guess everything seated proper and the group centered up nicely for the next couple hundred +

They are not American made, nicely fit and finished guns. That's certainly true. However, where it really counts at their price points they do everything they need to and more. Am I a convert? No, probably not. But I may be looking to Turkey to scratch another gun itch somewhere down the road.

Girsan is still hot garbage.
IMG_2344.jpeg

Sometimes you gotta put your money where your mouth is and sometimes that means grabbing a fork so you can eat your words. That's kind of where I'm at with Turkish firearms. I've long experienced and seen evidence of Turkish firearms being poorly made, poorly finished and poor performing. Of the last three Turkish guns I've purchased, all are at a minimum acceptable performers and one in particular is a surprising home run.

I've purchased a Springfield model 2020 rimfire which can nearly keep up with my Ruger precision rimfire. Nearly. It feeds, goes bang and extracts smoothly and generally puts the lead where the cross hairs tell it to.

I bought a canik rival S (steel frame) which shoots toe to toe with my CZ Shadow 2. It's like cheating. Several hundred rounds in with no malfunctions, no grittiness and exceptional accuracy.

I even picked up a Tea Sauce 1911 DS 9MM and it just went through 300 rounds with no hiccups on it's very first range trip. Accuracy could be better, could be worse. About on par with a Glock or so. Was shooting way left (I'm a lefty) for the first dozen rounds or so, then I Guess everything seated proper and the group centered up nicely for the next couple hundred +

They are not American made, nicely fit and finished guns. That's certainly true. However, where it really counts at their price points they do everything they need to and more. Am I a convert? No, probably not. But I may be looking to Turkey to scratch another gun itch somewhere down the road.

Girsan is still hot garbage.
I own only one Turkish gun, the original Canik TP9 and it's a really reliable pistol that weighs as much as a Glock 19 and I've been very happy with it. It shoots straight and I've never had a misfire, bad extraction, etc.

It came with two 18-round Mec-Gar mags and I ordered two more, but all they had was the 20-rounders as the 18s were out when I made my order. Top quality all of them!

It shoots straight and pegging steel at 20-30 yards is easy. Smooth would very much describe the experience! It breaks down easy-peasy and everything feels and looks very well made. The only issue is that Canik doesn't have these available on their website, or anywhere else I can find, anymore. I was going for desert tan or OD green, but got black because they were going FAST on Dirt Cheap.

I'm glad you found some gems from Turkey like I did!

Being full Greek, having family death marched out of Greek but Turkish controlled land, friends and family with Armenians who suffered the same fate and having Turkey and Turkish people constantly trying to lay claim to things that have been well established as originated from Greece or influenced by ancient Greek culture makes it very hard for me to give Turkey money.

And that makes it hard for me to buy a Turkish 1911. Looked at them pretty hard, but couldn't do it.

Pretty sure they have medications these days that'll help with that…

:s0153:

;):D
I think medication contributed to it. 21 chemotherapy drugs can do that.

On-topic (gritting teeth), Tisas makes a nice looking SS Match 45, but at 1K+, it is knocking on the door of a gen-u-wine Colt. Or other US made examples.

Caniks are well made.

Currently testing the SAR K2-45 and Sar 2000
If they prove to be decent my opinions on Turkish pistols will improve. They've burned their bridge with shotguns for me though.

I think medication contributed to it. 21 chemotherapy drugs can do that.

On-topic (gritting teeth), Tisas makes a nice looking SS Match 45, but at 1K+, it is knocking on the door of a gen-u-wine Colt. Or other US made examples.
If it's this one, I'd say it's visually trying real damn hard to be a Colt gold cup trophy. I don't see a single thing on my Colt that isn't on that Tisas other than the Pony roll marks and a $1600 price tag. The Colt has an MSRP of 1800, that Tisas BARELY has an MSRP of $1k and Bud's has one in stock for $750 https://www.budsgunshop.com/product...45+acp+5+stainless+steel+enhanced+hand+lapped

Frankly, I'd say with an OTD price less than half what I paid for my Colt, that Tisas looks pretty dang good

If it's this one, I'd say it's visually trying real damn hard to be a Colt gold cup trophy. I don't see a single thing on my Colt that isn't on that Tisas other than the Pony roll marks and a $1600 price tag. The Colt has an MSRP of 1800, that Tisas BARELY has an MSRP of $1k and Bud's has one in stock for $750 https://www.budsgunshop.com/product...45+acp+5+stainless+steel+enhanced+hand+lapped

Frankly, I'd say with an OTD price less than half what I paid for my Colt, that Tisas looks pretty dang good
1200 for the Trophy that I have seen. .38 Super. Tisas does not make one, so I'd have to have a barrel fitted.

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews