JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hey everyone I recently purchased a 1938 Turkish Mauser.. I'm new to all of these types of firearms and am looking for some help or tips? I got a great deal on this firearm and some 8mm.. Now with that being said this part of the firearm stumps and bothers me and I'd like to try and fix it. Is there anyway I can pop that into place or replace and or fix? I'd rather keep it as original as I could and not put bran new part on it as of now. Seems the wood has popped up some not sure if it's just warped or from being as old as it Is.. if fixable let me know please if appreciate it!

image.jpg

There should be a slot in the wood on the rear of the handguard that goes under the notch in the front of the receiver. Either it's broken or installed wrong.

I bought a Turk (Ankara 1945) and some ammo a few years ago when they were flooding in... The ammo STINKS when fired but is surprisingly accurate considering it was made in the 1930's. Be sure to wash that bore out with hot water after using original ammo as it is very corrosive. Then clean as normal.
I love a Mauser rifle, even the mohammedan ones :p. Mausers is what I was raised on and they've never failed me.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top