JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The Turkish Zenith/Century imported MP5 clones are considered the best clones out there. They are made on contract German machines and for that reason are considered exact clones, not just re-engineered clones. The only difference between the Turkish guns and the German HK branded ones are a. the price (the Turkish imports go for half the German ones) and b. some slight modifications/updates to the more recent German production that the Turkish factory declined to implement (they did not want to change tooling for what they perceived as an unnecessary modification). They still retain 100% parts comparability with their German siblings (which is slightly better than the merely nearly 100% parts compatibility of the American made re-engineered clones). We just need to convince them that making the MP5/10 clone would be a lucrative endeavor.

I also have some Turkish shotguns from Meriva imported by RIA. I can see why it is considered a Benelli killer; less than half the price, equivalent fit and finish and implemented with the most popular options for sport and competition shooting out of the box. They do have an unusual (to me) action, and you need to be careful about using the right damper for the shells you are using (or the gun will either beat itself to death or fail to cycle properly) but once you are used to that it can keep up with even the most swanky semi-auto shotty out there. The only open question I have is if it will be able to keep up over the long haul, or if it will need to be replaced sooner than the others. I doubt I will ever use up its total lifespan, but for a competition user it might be a concern. But even there as long as it makes it past the 50% lifespan mark of a Benelli you will be out ahead on cash. You could turn that into more shells so you can wear it out even faster if you wanted to ;-)

Yeah, Turkey also has some total crap manufacturers, but I cannot see how we can point the fingers at them for that when we have Cobray and Standard.

I also very much appreciate my Turkish CZ double barrel shotgun.

I didn't buy it because it was cheap. I didn't buy it because it was Turkish.

I bought because it is very nice. :cool:

You're looking at a SAR9 Tactical (or whatever they call it).
I give you an example of my SAR9, and an example of my Glock17
SAR9
View attachment 1867643
Glock 17
View attachment 1867644
I own a SAR9 and the grip is very reminiscent of the VP9 grip. I prefer the SAR9 grip except for the Orange dot. A sharpie can fix that.

1000003017.png

The Turkish Zenith/Century imported MP5 clones are considered the best clones out there. They are made on contract German machines and for that reason are considered exact clones, not just re-engineered clones. The only difference between the Turkish guns and the German HK branded ones are a. the price (the Turkish imports go for half the German ones) and b. some slight modifications/updates to the more recent German production that the Turkish factory declined to implement (they did not want to change tooling for what they perceived as an unnecessary modification). They still retain 100% parts comparability with their German siblings (which is slightly better than the merely nearly 100% parts compatibility of the American made re-engineered clones). We just need to convince them that making the MP5/10 clone would be a lucrative endeavor.

I also have some Turkish shotguns from Meriva imported by RIA. I can see why it is considered a Benelli killer; less than half the price, equivalent fit and finish and implemented with the most popular options for sport and competition shooting out of the box. They do have an unusual (to me) action, and you need to be careful about using the right damper for the shells you are using (or the gun will either beat itself to death or fail to cycle properly) but once you are used to that it can keep up with even the most swanky semi-auto shotty out there. The only open question I have is if it will be able to keep up over the long haul, or if it will need to be replaced sooner than the others. I doubt I will ever use up its total lifespan, but for a competition user it might be a concern. But even there as long as it makes it past the 50% lifespan mark of a Benelli you will be out ahead on cash. You could turn that into more shells so you can wear it out even faster if you wanted to ;-)

Yeah, Turkey also has some total crap manufacturers, but I cannot see how we can point the fingers at them for that when we have Cobray and Standard.
Agree MKE makes hk licensed guns on hk tooling and with hk training.

Here are some other guns they make (ie serious military hardware):
FD1BF914-11CF-49C9-A942-13ED47A49598.jpeg
818DDA65-D162-447E-894D-4CB52582D7DE.jpeg
9334A5B3-A409-4331-8D12-DF26F91207BA.jpeg
09C1BB73-02DC-46D1-AB1D-7A81F8C8209C.jpeg

For cheap guns they work fine. Belgium made crap until they stopped making crap. Now its Turkey that made crap until it started making serviceable firearms.

I've been reasonably impressed with the Turkish pistols I have. While they wouldn't be my "if you could only have one" guns, they punch far above their weight class when you consider the price.

For example the Girsan MC28 (M&P clone, but uses CZ75 mags for some reason). Paid only $230 for it and it's been perfectly reliable, durable, and a joy to shoot, even if it's not the most aesthetically pleasing pistol out there. Wouldn't choose it over my VP9, but quite amazing how much you get for so little.
51DC6B09-9CFB-4270-A6A0-D2FD0780C2EE.jpeg

2nd example is the Tisas GI-style 1911A1. Got it on sale for a meager $299, again an incredible deal for brand new 1911 with a forged slide, frame, etc.

54B4D97A-AD76-4CAD-9B2B-1AD19E77CB7B.jpeg

SHOULD I purchase another firearm, it may well be the Tisas .45 "Tank Commander". Seems like a solid "beater" carry 1911 and my Colt Combat Commander can retire to the safe...
If I were to actually carry it, I'd still carry the Colt. I LIKE these Turkish guns I picked up. I don't trust my life to them. Not yet.

As somebody that's had the displeasure of owning an AP5 and AP5-P (each requiring 3 exchanges) and also witnessed the total failure of multiple "Turknellis," steer clear.

Caveat emptor. I will say that Tisas makes a dang decent 1911... too bad I'm not into 1911s :D

I'm going to have to change my screen name. I've always been a Glock fan, and still am for my carry and home defensive gun. But....I bought a Rival S Darkside and the thing shoots incredibly well. Much much more accurate than with my Glocks. Much more comfortable, fits my hand much better. Great trigger and balance. No upgrades needed. Liked it so much I also bought the chrome version. Put hundreds of rounds through them without issue. I also bought a VR80 shotgun which I love. So much fun to shoot,

Last Edited:
Yeah…. NO

They are not exact clones, and there are glaring differences in quality. MKE has been using the same HK tooling since the 70s. The tolerances of the MKE built guns are no where near as good or tight as the HK built guns.

I have a HK SP5 and SP5k, and a MKE built AP5 and AP5-P and there is a reason why the HK guns cost a lot more. Everything is straight and aligned properly on the HK guns, the magwells are perfect, with the bolt open, every mag locks in tight, unlike the MKE guns that have alot of play in the mags. I had to return the MKE guns 3 times before I got one that had a rear sight welded somewhat straight and or the charge tube wasn't crooked.

The chrome lining on the HK guns is perfect, while the chrome lining on the MKE guns are mixed bags.

I originally had buyers remorse buying the HKs, but after seeing and experiencing the lower quality of the MKE built guns, I had no reservation spending the money. The MKE guns shoot fine and have been reliable, but they are nothing more than range beaters.

I suppose if you can't afford the finer things, MKE will be fine, but never settle for less if you don't have to.

Yeah…. NO

They are not exact clones, and there are glaring differences in quality. MKE has been using the same HK tooling since the 70s. The tolerances of the MKE built guns are no where near as good or tight as the HK built guns.

I have a HK SP5 and SP5k, and a MKE built AP5 and AP5-P and there is a reason why the HK guns cost a lot more. Everything is straight and aligned properly on the HK guns, the magwells are perfect, with the bolt open, every mag locks in tight, unlike the MKE guns that have alot of play in the mags. I had to return the MKE guns 3 times before I got one that had a rear sight welded somewhat straight and or the charge tube wasn't crooked.

The chrome lining on the HK guns is perfect, while the chrome lining on the MKE guns are mixed bags.

I originally had buyers remorse buying the HKs, but after seeing and experiencing the lower quality of the MKE built guns, I had no reservation spending the money. The MKE guns shoot fine and have been reliable, but they are nothing more than range beaters.

I suppose if you can't afford the finer things, MKE will be fine, but never settle for less if you don't have to.
Mine have none of those issues at all.

Last Edited:
I'm going to have to change my screen name. I've always been a Glock fan, and still am for my carry and home defensive gun. But....I bought a Rival S Darkside and the thing shoots incredibly well. Much much more accurate than with my Glocks. Much more comfortable, fits my hand much better. Great trigger and balance. No upgrades needed. Liked it so much I bought the chrome version. Put hundreds of rounds through them without issue. I also bought a VR80 shotgun which I love. So much fun to shoot,
That VR80, first upgrade get a nice AR15 grip and "Commercial" spec adjustable stock (not a milspec stock).

Change over the thumbhole grip to a 6 position adjustable stock with comfy grip.

That VR80, first upgrade get a nice AR15 grip and "Commercial" spec adjustable stock (not a milspec stock).

Change over the thumbhole grip to a 6 position adjustable stock with comfy grip.
Did that right after I got it. I put on a milspec stock because I liked that particular one. Just sanded it down a little on the inside. Fits and works perfectly. Also put on a tandemkross grip.

I aquired a Turkish mauser that kimber rechambered to 30-06. The mauser appeared to be a large ring 98 that used small ring barrels. It was nothing fancy but proved accurate and reliable. Had it transferred to my nephew. They are happy with its service. They are not equivalent of Belgium or Germam large ring mausers but I would certainly hunt with it.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top