JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
A rifle for home defense is never a good idea unless you want to defend the neighbors house as well as yours. I know you are looking at the HK which are awesome pistols but I would recommend one that may fit the bill even better the SIG Legion Xcarry it comes with suppressor height sights and threaded barrel. The 2 Sig P series that I have have very good stock triggers. I understand your desire for the suppressor but I do have to say worrying about how loud a shot will be should be the last thing on your mind when defending your home.

If some of this shows up in bold print, it's not because I'm yelling. I just copied and pasted from the web.

If you're wearing these, you won't need a suppressor. And you'll be able to hear the intruders in the next room, since it amplifies ambient sounds.

F535C1C7-A43F-424F-B1D1-6C495E870A61.jpeg

DESCRIPTION
At the range or on the hunt, the Howard Leight Impact Sport Electronic Shooting Earmuff keeps you protected from hazardous noise and connected to your environment. It carries a Noise Reduction Rating (NRR) of 22dB.
When the electronic ear protection is switched on, it employs built-in directional microphones that amplify ambient sounds to a safe 82dB. This allows you to hear important commands on the range and crucial environment sounds when hunting. For additional shooting hearing protection, it also actively listens and automatically stops amplification when loud impulsive sounds like firearm discharges exceed 82dB.

https://www.howardleightshootingspo...MIpevA4tqs_AIVnhitBh3Y0wFCEAQYAiABEgJUI_D_BwE

Last Edited:
A rifle for home defense is never a good idea unless you want to defend the neighbors house as well as yours. I know you are looking at the HK which are awesome pistols but I would recommend one that may fit the bill even better the SIG Legion Xcarry it comes with suppressor height sights and threaded barrel. The 2 Sig P series that I have have very good stock triggers. I understand your desire for the suppressor but I do have to say worrying about how loud a shot will be should be the last thing on your mind when defending your home.
Whaaaat? Care to elaborate on the rifle being a bad idea for hd?

556 is about 2200 FPS on average 9mm is about 1000 FPS on average. The 556 will shoot through all your walls and your neighbors so hopefully you don't shoot someone you are not intending to shoot.

Whaaaat? Care to elaborate on the rifle being a bad idea for hd?
It's a new poster that wants to show how he knows all about guns. On another thread he said Jericho cost more than cz-75 (which it does not) and cz-75 is "far superior". Hopefully he will be willing to learn but I doubt it. Be prepared for a lot of memes repeated from the internet that have been proven false from this poster.

Last Edited:
556 is about 2200 FPS on average 9mm is about 1000 FPS on average. The 556 will shoot through all your walls and your neighbors so hopefully you don't shoot someone you are not intending to shoot.
5.56 out of what? A 4" barrel? You're off by 800ft/second or so

People who insist on rifles (somewhat distinct from PCC's and even shotguns) as the tool for home defense just don't have neighbors who are living 50' away from them. If I lived in the country, like where I grew up, hell yeah I'd pick an AR in .556 or 300BO, but I don't and don't plan on it. Accordingly I have to think about penetration to some extent. If I lived somewhere houses are newer and close (see photo) I think even 9mm might be an issue, but my neighbors and I live in old houses in the city with lathe and plaster walls, real old-growth siding AND bricks in some cases, so it's probably less of an issue. Accordingly a 9mm pistol or PCC is my choice. If there's civil unrest though, the .556 can come out of the safe.

Suburb photo.jpg

Last Edited:
Over penetration by rifle rounds is kind of overblown in my research: I would worry about the occupants of my own house but not the neighbors so much. Ymmv if you live in an apartment complex or condo. Pistol and shotgun rounds also have the potential to over penetrate. The rifle ammo I choose tends to tumble and lose steam quickly through barriers.

To try and answer part of your question.

What do you guys think about the H&K Tactical OR pistol? Is the trigger as good as everyone on Youtube says it is? BTW: I compare all triggers to a 1911.

Your questions is a little vague though. What sort of 1911 trigger? What sort of H&K trigger?

Nevertheless, to give you some what of an answer have no issues with my H&K LEM trigger. I prefer it over my Colt MK80.

The H&K Pistols are great IMPO and don't think you could go wrong with one: Just like your Glock though they aren't for everyone. Mag release takes a little practice, some people love them some don't. I have a Glock 19, and a USP CT. I can't remember a single time having a malfunction out of either and have a fair amount of rounds down the barrel of both.

With that being said neither are what I grab when things go bump in the night.

For the over penetration of an SBR or AR pistol here is a decent write up below: It's what many of us feel comfortable with and what I'm grabbing hands down. Again not for everyone..

There are going to be many thoughts that rush through ones head in a stressful situation where one may need to depend on there firearm. Especially in one's home. Whatever you decide practice , practice more and when you think your good go ahead and practice. This way whatever weapon you decide on, that doubt of is this the best firearm choice? Is just one less thing you have to fret about.

https://www.thearmorylife.com/5-56-vs-drywall-is-your-home-defense-gun-dangerous/

To try and answer part of your question.

What do you guys think about the H&K Tactical OR pistol? Is the trigger as good as everyone on Youtube says it is? BTW: I compare all triggers to a 1911.

Your questions is a little vague though. What sort of 1911 trigger? What sort of H&K trigger?

Nevertheless, to give you some what of an answer have no issues with my H&K LEM trigger. I prefer it over my Colt MK80.

The H&K Pistols are great IMPO and don't think you could go wrong with one: Just like your Glock though they aren't for everyone. Mag release takes a little practice, some people love them some don't. I have a Glock 19, and a USP CT. I can't remember a single time having a malfunction out of either and have a fair amount of rounds down the barrel of both.

With that being said neither are what I grab when things go bump in the night.

For the over penetration of an SBR or AR pistol here is a decent write up below: It's what many of us feel comfortable with and what I'm grabbing hands down. Again not for everyone..

There are going to be many thoughts that rush through ones head in a stressful situation where one may need to depend on there firearm. Especially in one's home. Whatever you decide practice , practice more and when you think your good go ahead and practice. This way whatever weapon you decide on, that doubt of is this the best firearm choice? Is just one less thing you have to fret about.

https://www.thearmorylife.com/5-56-vs-drywall-is-your-home-defense-gun-dangerous/
I'm shocked at the conclusion of a Springfield Armory ad disguised as a blog! But the authors' prep strategy isn't bad.

My home defense pistol presently is a Glock 20sf with a Streamlight TLR-1 which I have had for many years. I'm rethinking about this rig because my eyes are not as good as they used to be and I still want my hearing intact if I ever have to release a 10mm round in the house. Of all the pistols that I own, I'm sure some people would consider myself a CZ fanboy. I was shocked when I went to the CZ WEB page and could not find a CZ striker fired pistols that was both optics ready and suppressor-ready. Maybe I'm missing something. I would have liked the CZ P-10 C or the P10- F Suppressor-Ready if it was also optics ready. I'm looking now at the H&K Tactical OR pistol which is both optics ready and suppressor-ready. I intend to add a Holosun HE507C-GR to the pistol which I recently purchased. I have not settled on a suppressor. What do you guys think about the H&K Tactical OR pistol? Is the trigger as good as everyone on Youtube says it is? BTW: I compare all triggers to a 1911.
Since you really like CZ and want both OR and a can... I would have just bought a P10F Optics Ready and get an aftermarket threaded barrel for about $275 from Rainier. Then get suppressor height sights of you really wanted to throw/waste $$$ at it.

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews