JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Well, spending the afternoon looking through a couple of my scope sighted rifles and getting them cleaned up and 're-adjusted' for my 'new' eye! Consensus is as follows:
Old 3-9 Bushnell on my dads old Mod 152 Mossberg .22 - clear as crystal to 200 yards or better
Leopold 3-9 Vari-X on my .223 Handi-Rifle ALMOST as good as the 'lessor' Bushnell!
A no-name brand 3-9 scope that was given to me a few years ago and on a 'kit' built Mauser in .243 Win - I cannot get the crosshairs and the image to clear together so it looks like I will be scope-shopping soon for a new one for the .243. Anybody buy a new scope recently? Any recommendations on a 'quality' but 'economical' brand/model? Thanks !

Redfield is Luepold's "value" line and they have great reviews. Bushnell has worthy scopes that won't break the bank either.
I ended up with a rifle that has the Redfield Revenge on it and for what it sells for it's decent. Around a $250 msrp and it's clear. Nice FOV, reticle is crisp.

You can't go wrong with a Vortex product. Unlimited, transferable, lifetime, no questions asked warranty. And they are pretty good scopes at a pretty good price.

I agree that Vortex is a good value. I also have had luck with Bushnell Banner scopes. In fact, my 77/22 WMR wears a 4-12 Banner and it'll drive tacks into the same hole all day long at 100.

I have had pretty good luck with Nikon's and the Redfield as well. Also have an older Sightron that came on a Winchester .243 I picked up several years ago and it's nice and clear! I had never heard of them, and I see mixed reviews, but mine works well enough! I have also heard that Barska are not too bad for the money, but have to say, I have never bought one or used one!

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

Back Top