JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Well, spending the afternoon looking through a couple of my scope sighted rifles and getting them cleaned up and 're-adjusted' for my 'new' eye! Consensus is as follows:
Old 3-9 Bushnell on my dads old Mod 152 Mossberg .22 - clear as crystal to 200 yards or better
Leopold 3-9 Vari-X on my .223 Handi-Rifle ALMOST as good as the 'lessor' Bushnell!
A no-name brand 3-9 scope that was given to me a few years ago and on a 'kit' built Mauser in .243 Win - I cannot get the crosshairs and the image to clear together so it looks like I will be scope-shopping soon for a new one for the .243. Anybody buy a new scope recently? Any recommendations on a 'quality' but 'economical' brand/model? Thanks !

Redfield is Luepold's "value" line and they have great reviews. Bushnell has worthy scopes that won't break the bank either.
I ended up with a rifle that has the Redfield Revenge on it and for what it sells for it's decent. Around a $250 msrp and it's clear. Nice FOV, reticle is crisp.

You can't go wrong with a Vortex product. Unlimited, transferable, lifetime, no questions asked warranty. And they are pretty good scopes at a pretty good price.

I agree that Vortex is a good value. I also have had luck with Bushnell Banner scopes. In fact, my 77/22 WMR wears a 4-12 Banner and it'll drive tacks into the same hole all day long at 100.

I have had pretty good luck with Nikon's and the Redfield as well. Also have an older Sightron that came on a Winchester .243 I picked up several years ago and it's nice and clear! I had never heard of them, and I see mixed reviews, but mine works well enough! I have also heard that Barska are not too bad for the money, but have to say, I have never bought one or used one!

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors May 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews