JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Republicans caucus on Saturday…but where? Newspapers don’t say

A quick check on-line at newspaper websites in Seattle, Tacoma, Everett and Spokane this morning did not readily point readers toward any helpful information about where they might attend a Republican Party caucus on Saturday, which, according to Kirby Wilbur, state GOP chairman, is of considerable importance to gun rights activists and hunters.

<broken link removed>

Really dave? A pic of you with romney? I'm so inpressed. ;)

I dunno, seems like there's even less difference between the two candidates of our one party system this year.

You're funny.

Really dave? A pic of you with romney? I'm so inpressed. ;)

I dunno, seems like there's even less difference between the two candidates of our one party system this year.

You're funny.

It is "impressed."

Romney picks up key endorsement from Ted Nugent

Mitt Romney may finally be shaking a memory regarding gun control legislation that has haunted him since he was governor of Massachusetts by picking up a critical endorsement from hard-rocking pro-gun outdoorsman, author and gun rights icon Ted Nugent.

<broken link removed>

Well gosh, instead of using logic, and history, and words out Romneys own mouth to make a determination for myself as to where a he stands on certain issues, ill just mindlessly trust a celebrity endorsement because my motto is "I vote with Ted".:rolleyes:

As governor of one of the most liberal states in the country, I was proud to support legislation that expanded the rights of gun owners. I worked hard to advance the ability of law-abiding citizens to purchase and own firearms. I stood against liberal desires to create bureaucracy intended to burden gun owners and sportsmen.

I guess this is what he is talking about:

ROMNEY SIGNS OFF ON PERMANENT ASSAULT WEAPONS BAN

Legislation also makes improvements to gun licensing system

In a move that will help keep the streets and neighborhoods of Massachusetts safe, Governor Mitt
Romney today signed into law a permanent assault weapons ban that forever makes it harder for
criminals to get their hands on these dangerous guns.

"Deadly assault weapons have no place in Massachusetts," Romney said, at a bill signing ceremony
with legislators, sportsmen's groups and gun safety advocates. "These guns are not made for
recreation or self-defense. They are instruments of destruction with the sole purpose of hunting
down and killing people."

The new law also makes a number of improvements to the current gun licensing system, including:
  • Extending the term of a firearm identification card and a license to carry firearms from four years to six years;
  • Granting a 90-day grace period for holders of firearm identification cards and licenses to carry who have applied for renewal; and
  • Creating a seven-member Firearm License Review Board to review firearm license
    applications that have been denied.

http://nationalgunrights.org/images/Romney-AWban-pr.pdf

So to throw a bone to Massachusetts gun owners that he shafted by signing a law banning so-called "deadly assault weapons", he extended the term of the Massachusetts firearm identification cards - that gun owners shouldn't be required to have in the first place - from four to six years, and allowed a 90-day grace period to renew expired firearm identification cards - that gun owners shouldn't be required to have in the first place - and created a Firearm License Review Board - a new bureaucracy to review rejected applications for firearms licenses - that gun owners shouldn't be required to have in the first place. That's his idea of legislation that "expanded the rights of gun owners".

I worked hard to advance the ability of law-abiding citizens to purchase and own firearms - as long as they aren't those deadly assault weapons that are instruments of destruction with the sole purpose of hunting down and killing people.

Number of assault weapon bans signed:

Romney: 1
Obama: 0

Romney....the new Oboma
Only thing that makes him better than Oboma is he will be starting from ground zero and will be trying for a re-election.
Oboma will have no worries and will screw us without remorse or any care about re-election.

So should we just endorse someone with a shady gun control record because he is the leading republican right now? What he did to Massachusetts,he will eventually do to the rest of us...or try.

Sorry Dave,Ted,not this time.

I'll gamble on a first term with Romney over a second term with Obama all day long. Four more years of Obama and we're Greece!

Agreed. Unfortunately, we may just go the way of Greece regardless of who is at 1600 Pennsylvania. We're on the Titanic, and there's an iceberg ahead.

Agreed. Unfortunately, we may just go the way of Greece regardless of who is at 1600 Pennsylvania. We're on the Titanic, and there's an iceberg ahead.

We need a "don't like" button
Although I may not buy into Noisycow's outlook,I don't believe we are gaining on this mess any time soon.
One of the problems is there are enough government or government contractor workers,military,and such workers that see the future as bright.Working off that fiat money,printed to take care of the projects that make the economy look better?
can't blame them for trying to provide for their families.I would do the same.Things would disintegrate (as they need to) fairly fast,if we didn't have some of these projects

Dory Monson (radio personality) was talking about the new tunnel Seattle is digging.................
It will be as bad or worse than the "Big Dig" in Boston
And how the government said their predictions were wrong,they would only collect half of the money they though they would from the tolls.
Then he put it like a business.What if you told the bank you would raise $400k and then went back and said "oh yeah we will only raise $200k"
What would happen? The business would shut down,go bankrupt.
But the Government just prints more money for the deficit on the project. No biggie

We are in for some rough days ahead

We need a "don't like" button

Actually, I was thinking we need to do something besides throw in the towel or complain about not having the "perfect" candidate.

There's no such thing.

What we have is an opportunity to stop the Bad Ship Obama before it anchors us with one or two more anti-gun Supreme Court justices and a bunch of anti-gun federal judges, and all anybody can do is complain about Nugent?

Geez, we're in a fight to take this country back from people who aren't even good caretakers. Let's do that first and then we can argue to our heart's content.
:s0155:

Hi Dave,

I don't think anyone was complaining about nugent.

I think people brushed your (romney's) celebrity endorsement off like worthless fluff.

It's interesting that the only response I had to my original comments was a human spellcheck and news that the Nug likes romney.

Do better than that Dave! For gods sake you claim to be a writer!

Spar with my substancee, not my form.

Being a writer does not mean sucking up to people in power. (Yes, that's what it looks like from here)

It means saying things to shake up the status quo, if that is needed.

No, I personally, and though I try not to speak for others, and others are giving you crap because romney is not a friend of the 2nd.

Among other major defects from him being prez.

The real answer lies not in "obama bad, lesser good"

It lies in, why are we locked on a two party system?

Why are "debates" more like insult contests?

Why is our govt not controled by the people?

Just going along and participating like everything's cool, I dunno.

Being a reporter means we report....that's not "sucking up."
I neither speak for Romney or against him at this point. I got invited to his thing in Bellevue. Went over there to listen.
Was tipped off that Nugent was endorsing him and I reported that because, like it or not, that happens to be news in the outdoors community.

You cannot expect to fix the two-party system with a snap of the fingers. Making that kind of argument smacks of making excuses for not voting, and that's not going to wash.

Right now we're stuck with the 'Obama or..." choice whether anyone likes that or not.

Well, 9 counties here in WA at least picked the most 2A friendly candidate..along with my county, Okanogan. We like our guns and freedoms under the constitution out here and do not like anyone to mess with them. Run Ron Run (Yes, I was at a caucus that was 80% Ron Paul, and 100% in my precinct.)

While I admire Ted's tenacity and delivery when he articulates himself, and even agree with most of what he says... he's a wanker of the highest order, and I can barely stand 5 minutes of the guy. He's VERY impressed with himself.

Actually, I was thinking we need to do something besides throw in the towel or complain about not having the "perfect" candidate.

There's no such thing.

What we have is an opportunity to stop the Bad Ship Obama before it anchors us with one or two more anti-gun Supreme Court justices and a bunch of anti-gun federal judges, and all anybody can do is complain about Nugent?

Geez, we're in a fight to take this country back from people who aren't even good caretakers. Let's do that first and then we can argue to our heart's content.
:s0155:

I'm sorry,who brought up Ted Nugent?

Ohhh,it was you Dave!!!!

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top