JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Has anyone from NWFA had any experience at this range? From the reviews I can find they make the place sound atrocious, but with it being fairly close I would like to go here versus Greenwater pit which is a 2.5 hour drive. Any input is appreciated!

They have strict rules like 1 round in mags for shooting rifles because of the neighborhood surrounding it. That turned me off, just kick the people who break the rules out or make it completely private so you dont have those types. I shot at the Tacoma club, it was nice and allowed you load your mags and told you not to rapid fire or you will be booted, so treating me as an adult. Only 45 mins from renton roughly.

I have been checking out the website, it was the google reviews that made me start to wonder and DONOTBUGME kinda confirmed some of the things i was seeing. Any other suggestions for the seattle area that has at least 100yard range?

I shoot at West Coast Armory in Factoria, just off I-90 and I-405. You might checkout their website. Isn't there a range in Ravensdale? Or maybe that is the range that you were going to.

I missed your response with the 100 yard requirement. There might be something in Snohomish or north Seattle.

I have not checked out Ravensdale yet, im looking that up now. I will be checking out West Coast Armory it looks like a really nice range, but it is only 25 yards. \

I went to the Issaquah Sportsmen's Club last weekend and it was great. Really affordable range rates (plus really cheap ammo and targets), many different lanes to shoot (25m, 50m, 100m, 200m, etc). They also provide brass catchers, bench rests, benches, etc. It was lots of fun. About a 30 minute drive from Seattle.

We had dinner at XXX Root Beer afterward and it was good (but cash only).

Renton Fish and Game did have a practical pistol range, but other than that it's a piece of crap.
One day I was out there shooting my AR, and the range Nazi came out and told me I was shooting "across the range" which was actually the target adjacent to my lane/bench. There was no one within about 3 benches of me.

He told me to make my weapon safe, and I showed him that the safety was on, and he reached down and jerked my rifle out of my hands. Ejected the round and put the rifle back on the bench.

Never, never again. N-e-v-e-r.

I used to live in Renton, quite close to that range. I went once with my Dad and never again. Absolute A-holes. I felt nervous when I was there, they were literally breathing down your neck. It was not fun, and they obviously don't want the business. I was shooting a bolt action 30-06, can't get any safer than that. I am not sure why anyone would go there.

I choose to go to Issaquah Sportsman Range. It is a great range, lots of freedom, but very well run, clear communication, and safe. Max 100yds. It can be very busy though on the rifle side, but not busy enough to drive me to Renton Fish and Game again!

My first and last time at the Renton Fish and Game range was September of 2012. The range master (PM me for specifics) was an bubblegum and the one-round-load rule was an irritation. I live in Renton and would recommend going to the Issaquah Sportsmen's Club instead: the range masters are reasonable and as long as I'm shooting slow fire everything is good.
West Coast Armory in Bellevue is also a good place to shoot.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top