JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I am in the process of redoing a Remington 870 Wingmaster with the fancy checkering. And I need to remove the original finish. I would greatly prefer to do this chemically so as to not only get the finish out of the checkering but not screw up the checkering.

Anyone have any recomendations for a way to pull the glossy finish off a 30+ year old Wingmaster butt stock?

I will want to be able to put a Boiled Linseed Oil type finish back on the stock.

I just striped a Winchester model 70 stock. I used Jasco Liquid Paint Remover that is water rinsable. To get in the checkering I laid the stripper in with a brush then used a rag to wipe it out the best I could then when it was dry used a acid bush to real get down in the grooves. I am sure a toothbrush would work to. Then I wiped it down with paint thinner and that's all the farther I have gone. I think it turned out nice. Can email you some pictures if you like.
Hope this helps.

Thanks Bigbaddude thats kind of where I'm at. I bought some Kleen and Strip spray stripper and I'm on the second coat now. Using a cut down chip brush to work it into the checkering and a plastic putty knife to pull the bulk of it off. I plan on doing at least 3 coats of stripper to get as much as possible.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top