JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I am in the process of redoing a Remington 870 Wingmaster with the fancy checkering. And I need to remove the original finish. I would greatly prefer to do this chemically so as to not only get the finish out of the checkering but not screw up the checkering.

Anyone have any recomendations for a way to pull the glossy finish off a 30+ year old Wingmaster butt stock?

I will want to be able to put a Boiled Linseed Oil type finish back on the stock.

I just striped a Winchester model 70 stock. I used Jasco Liquid Paint Remover that is water rinsable. To get in the checkering I laid the stripper in with a brush then used a rag to wipe it out the best I could then when it was dry used a acid bush to real get down in the grooves. I am sure a toothbrush would work to. Then I wiped it down with paint thinner and that's all the farther I have gone. I think it turned out nice. Can email you some pictures if you like.
Hope this helps.

Thanks Bigbaddude thats kind of where I'm at. I bought some Kleen and Strip spray stripper and I'm on the second coat now. Using a cut down chip brush to work it into the checkering and a plastic putty knife to pull the bulk of it off. I plan on doing at least 3 coats of stripper to get as much as possible.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top