JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Wait, you said it's stock furniture in the thread title, what kind of front hand guard other than USGI or Magpul MOE do you have?

Neither of those should require any special tools to remove, sometimes the rear slip-ring can be a bear if it's bound up (especially the old straight-walled A1-style rings) but I've never came across an A2-style that couldn't be done.

Unless you have something "special", you just gotta put a he-man chicken-choker grip on that slip ring!

Looking to upgrade the furniture on my M&P 15. Willing to rent it from you, maybe do a trade for something? Let me know!
You mean a delta rig tool? They're only $10-$20, but there are other ways to get a little more leverage... like using the handles of a plumbers adjustable wrench.
1681478741182.png
Alternatively, if you frequent a gun range or have a relationship with a LGS, I bet someone will let you borrow their delta tool for just a sec.

Unless you have something "special", you just gotta put a he-man chicken-choker grip on that slip ring!
Yup. You can also slip a screwdriver or similar in the handguards m-lock/keylock hole at the base for a little leverage to slip out one half at a time. Wrap with a dish rag or t-shirt on the top to prevent marring your barrel.

It can help on stubborn foregrips when you are lacking a 3rd hand. ;)

Wow. Never knew there was a special tool for that. I always just used my finners and pushed it towards the receiver.
Me too. A few years ago one of my boys gave me one as a gift. It ook me awhile to figure out what the dang thing was, but it actually is quite a handly little bit of kit. I wouldn't have bought one for myself, but that doesn't stop me from using it... when I can find it. ;)

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews