JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
In the past when I've had to change lubes, I would usually hit it with a torch heating it up to about 200F, and then pouring the old wax out. You can also heat it up in a big pot of water, melt the wax out and then oil it up. Depends on your preference.

Out of curiosity, which lube are you using, or moving to?

Right now I was using Lyman soft lube. Wasn't for sure what to try next. I just ran out of lube so I don't have to get it out. It didn't go as far as I thought it would.

It never does, this is why I started buying the bigger 2x6 commercial sticks and casting my own.

I used to buy rooster zambini lube, however last I checked that product has been end of lifed, thankfully I still have about a hundred pounds of it, so I don't have to drop everything to go find a new lube. Some people I know (commercial casters) like the ballisticast lube, and I think magma also sells a lube of their own.

Magma Lube

Hard lubes are best for rounds that you're going to handle a bunch, or if you're doing big batches. Unless you're doing big batches or handling the bullets in the dead of winter.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top