JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
In the past when I've had to change lubes, I would usually hit it with a torch heating it up to about 200F, and then pouring the old wax out. You can also heat it up in a big pot of water, melt the wax out and then oil it up. Depends on your preference.

Out of curiosity, which lube are you using, or moving to?

Right now I was using Lyman soft lube. Wasn't for sure what to try next. I just ran out of lube so I don't have to get it out. It didn't go as far as I thought it would.

It never does, this is why I started buying the bigger 2x6 commercial sticks and casting my own.

I used to buy rooster zambini lube, however last I checked that product has been end of lifed, thankfully I still have about a hundred pounds of it, so I don't have to drop everything to go find a new lube. Some people I know (commercial casters) like the ballisticast lube, and I think magma also sells a lube of their own.

Magma Lube

Hard lubes are best for rounds that you're going to handle a bunch, or if you're doing big batches. Unless you're doing big batches or handling the bullets in the dead of winter.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top