JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
We had a Boston Terrier named Bubba. One summer some years back my wife planted a bunch of strawberry plants and she toiled over them DAILY to get them to produce some nice sweet berries. We were going to pick them Saturday morning, but guess what little black & white bastige grazed through the plants the evening before and ate them... ALL. o_O

I miss that honery little sheite! (FYI- He died of old age, not from an execution.... LOL) :D

Did the strawberries improve the smell of his farts any?
LOL

One last one from me.
Years ago we had a couple of Dobermans, and one happened to swallow about a pound and a half of fresh hard beef tallow, not chewed at all just gulp and it was gone, we figured it would be digested and didn't think much more about it. But then we started noticing he wasn't eating and when he did he'd ralph it right back up and his ribs were beginning to show. We were getting ready to take him to the vet, when all of a sudden he heaved that whole chunk back up all at once. It didn't even look like it had been digested any at all. Didn't cure him of wolfing his chow but he sure was hungry!
I know that was a bit gross but what can I say, it is a true story.
Gabby
Bahyeee

One last one from me.
Years ago we had a couple of Dobermans, and one happened to swallow about a pound and a half of fresh hard beef tallow, not chewed at all just gulp and it was gone, we figured it would be digested and didn't think much more about it. But then we started noticing he wasn't eating and when he did he'd ralph it right back up and his ribs were beginning to show. We were getting ready to take him to the vet, when all of a sudden he heaved that whole chunk back up all at once. It didn't even look like it had been digested any at all. Didn't cure him of wolfing his chow but he sure was hungry!
Gabby
Bahyeee

Another great moment in sports!

Like the time I gave my GSD a huge cow hip joint/soup bone. The thing was massive.
I boiled it up for a bit and let him have his "treat," and left him on the back porch.
I came back a little later and called him in the kitchen, thinking he'd be carrying the bone. No dice. Where's the bone?
Hmmmmmm. Nowhere, not to be found.

The next day I let him out to do his business in the morning and he's squat-walking around the back yard, whimpering and crapping little white rocks.
The vet said give him some mineral oil/veggie oil mix and hope for the best, so I let him have a cube of margarine, with some mineral oil all over it.

This too shall pass, with enough lube. Poor guy. I never left him unattended with a bone after that.

My wife and I had company over and we were watching a movie. When we came upstairs we found out my Australian Cattle Dog, ate an entire Pineapple Upside-down Cake. Off the counter. Desert for 8 adults got made into one meal for the dog.

Same dog, ate a batch of chocolate chip cookies. If you have dogs, you know chocolate isn't good. That situation didn't "come out" so well. Let me just say I am glad I was at work that day. My wife was pissed.

Last Edited:
One last one from me.
Gabby
Bahyeee
Dang, my same little guy gulped a whole stick of butter.. with nary a problem.. because it was butter, lol.
dang

Each dog will be different with chocolate I guess.
A lady told me she came home one day and her rotty was kind of trying not to look at her. The dog had eaten a 2# box of Whitmans,most of the cups too. Said she was fine the next day.
So y'all got the gross stories.
Out at Steilicoom? at the old Washington mental hospital that was a farm,now a park. Tons of rabbits everywhere. Well my GSP/ lab liked the chase,the rot was there to eat them if she got them. The rot took one from the little girl and ate it so little girl started eating them too ( the babies)
So enter Mark and his band of basenjis. Little killers those things
All the dogs were chasing around till one of the basenjis caught a rabbit. Pulled it 4 ways. My little girl was there and wanted some too. All that was left was the gut bag but that was going down her gullet!
Well as we drove out of the park I heard that familiar sound you don't want in the car. She hacked it up in the back seat,luckily on a gortex seat cover!
Trust me most of the rabbits killed did not go to waste

With all these food stories I just had to say. The Staffashire I have now I can leave a plate of food w steak on a footstool leave the room and he will not touch it. Same w groceries in the Jeep. Even when there bacon in the package. The most respectful dog I have ever owned. My buddy's Uber trained Chesapeakes birdogs ? Not a chance. They'll eat your food, piss on you jacket, then burp in your face then want you to scratch their arse.

I had a little Schipperke that'd make huge slices of Flying Pie pizza on the coffee table disappear so fast the only way you'd know is that there was one less slice of pizza. It was like it was magic and no lip smackin after or nothing. I'm talking two seconds and those slices gotta weigh like two pounds.
Anyway, great dog.. I trained him to not go table hoovering with some carefully laid mouse traps. little rascal was slick but I was slicker
Flying Pie Pizza---love their pizzas!!

I once received a late night call asking if I could help a river rafting guide row one of his large inflatable rafts down the Deschutes River starting from Warm Springs on down to Maupin.
He had five rafts pushing off first thing in the morning and one of his guides couldn't make it.

I said sure thing and after a nice raft trip to the overnight camp site, I was informed that there weren't enough t bone steaks to go around because the guide thought I was going to bring my own food.

The guy handling the cooking chores jokingly told me in a wise a** way that if I wanted dinner, I should go catch something out of the river.
I managed to borrow a light trout rod and reel and after tying on a grasshopper colored rooster tail lure flung it as far as I could past a dead cotton wood tree that had toppled into the river.
The first cast got slammed by a nice 7 lb Steelhead and by some miracle I got it to shore.

As I was waiting for my turn to use the grill, the cook had just finished serving everybody, but had saved the largest steak for himself. I watched him as he walked away to grab a beer and that was all it took for the head guides black lab to spring into action and snatch that t bone off the hot grill.

The jerk returns and wants to know what happened to his slab of beef. I told him that if he wanted it back he should run as fast as he could because that lab didn't look like he wanted to share.
Off he flew cussing and screaming down to the river and by the time he managed to wrestle that steak back, all that was left was the bone.

That Steelhead fillet was enough for three people but I managed to eat it all while I watched the cook scrap up the last of the baked beans.
Pretty lame to call last minute, you bail them out and expect you to bring your own dinner. Especially since it sounds like everything was planned ahead, except the guy you filled in for not showing up. Karma is good.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

Back Top