JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Anyone have a Remington 700 and have had the faulty "Trigger" system on it?
I think it's the "Walker" trigger...
I had an old 700 BDL and it had the bad trigger on it, when you let the safety off, it would fire, without touching the trigger!
I finally sold the rifle to a guy that was going to change the whole rifle out..
About 15 years ago I bought a brand new Remington BDL 700 7MM Mag., it seems to shoot fine and no trigger problems.
Did Remington finally figure the problem out?
I know that they had many class suits against the company and paid out millions to families and deaths from the faulty trigger!

I have 7 of the older 700's with the Walker trigger and have never had an issue. I've always believed that the triggers that did that had been incorrectly adjusted and/or the adjustment screws not locktited in place.

I have owned probably 30 or so Remington rifles with the Walker trigger, only problem was an early 600 and they replaced it. I agree with xtrtoy that most have been adjusted improperly, and, or not loctited. Two screws, one for sear engagement, the other for adjusting weight of pull. I remember "how to" articles being published pre too many lawyer days.

Despite lawsuits (how common are they when a human interacts with a mechanical device and one fails?), there is NOTHING wrong with any Model 700 trigger and never has been...
Until a human messes with it.
Despite "documentaries", anyone with any lengthy experience with these triggers knows that they are entirely reliable.
I have swapped out triggers to custom on a very few of my 700's ONLY to get better feel and release.
NEVER has one malfunctioned.
52 years, 20-30 rifles.

Last Edited:
Despite lawsuits (how common are they when a human interacts with a mechanical device and one fails?), there is NOTHING wrong with any Model 700 trigger and never has been...
Until a human messes with it.
Despite "documentaries", anyone with any lengthy experience with these triggers knows that they are entirely reliable.
I have swapped out triggers to custom on a very few of my 700's ONLY to get better feel and release.
NEVER has one malfunctioned.
52 years, 20-30 rifles.

100% Facts!

My 700 Hi-Power Match Rifle still has the original Walker type trigger.

Never an issue.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads