JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Anyone have a Remington 700 and have had the faulty "Trigger" system on it?
I think it's the "Walker" trigger...
I had an old 700 BDL and it had the bad trigger on it, when you let the safety off, it would fire, without touching the trigger!
I finally sold the rifle to a guy that was going to change the whole rifle out..
About 15 years ago I bought a brand new Remington BDL 700 7MM Mag., it seems to shoot fine and no trigger problems.
Did Remington finally figure the problem out?
I know that they had many class suits against the company and paid out millions to families and deaths from the faulty trigger!

I have 7 of the older 700's with the Walker trigger and have never had an issue. I've always believed that the triggers that did that had been incorrectly adjusted and/or the adjustment screws not locktited in place.

I have owned probably 30 or so Remington rifles with the Walker trigger, only problem was an early 600 and they replaced it. I agree with xtrtoy that most have been adjusted improperly, and, or not loctited. Two screws, one for sear engagement, the other for adjusting weight of pull. I remember "how to" articles being published pre too many lawyer days.

Despite lawsuits (how common are they when a human interacts with a mechanical device and one fails?), there is NOTHING wrong with any Model 700 trigger and never has been...
Until a human messes with it.
Despite "documentaries", anyone with any lengthy experience with these triggers knows that they are entirely reliable.
I have swapped out triggers to custom on a very few of my 700's ONLY to get better feel and release.
NEVER has one malfunctioned.
52 years, 20-30 rifles.

Last Edited:
Despite lawsuits (how common are they when a human interacts with a mechanical device and one fails?), there is NOTHING wrong with any Model 700 trigger and never has been...
Until a human messes with it.
Despite "documentaries", anyone with any lengthy experience with these triggers knows that they are entirely reliable.
I have swapped out triggers to custom on a very few of my 700's ONLY to get better feel and release.
NEVER has one malfunctioned.
52 years, 20-30 rifles.

100% Facts!

My 700 Hi-Power Match Rifle still has the original Walker type trigger.

Never an issue.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top