JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So my cassette trigger by Aim Surplus no worky worky with the CMMG upper I put together.

Before I go down the rabbit hole to find one that works I figured I'd ask here.

Which trigger you got that actually strikes the rim well enough at at least a 90% success rate or higher?

I've had success with an ALG/ACT, Larue MBT, and the PSA polished AR trigger using a CMMG conversion in a dedicated .22 upper assembly. I've had success with both standard Aero Precision and RTB slick side uppers.

I've read that others don't seem to be having luck with cartridge type triggers/fire control groups with the conversions.

As said above, take your pick. IMHO the ACT is no longer the trigger it used to be with NIB coated triggers from other shops equaling or bettering them (like the PSA).

But, what is "no worky worky" with your current trigger?

So my cassette trigger by Aim Surplus no worky worky with the CMMG upper I put together.

Before I go down the rabbit hole to find one that works I figured I'd ask here.

Which trigger you got that actually strikes the rim well enough at at least a 90% success rate or higher?
These two worky worky like a charmy charmy for me. Various brands of 36gr, 38gr, and 40gr with 1200 fps or more and no hiccups. That said, it does need to be clean and wet or it can stovepipe.

These two worky worky like a charmy charmy for me. Various brands of 36gr, 38gr, and 40gr with 1200 fps or more and no hiccups. That said, it does need to be clean and wet or it can stovepipe.

Then the "Grip Screw Trick" and the budget-tuned AR trigger is complete.
There's also the 50 cent method, but the above is a little more convenient.
And it's dropped from $18 to $9 so that's nice.

Then the "Grip Screw Trick" and the budget-tuned AR trigger is complete.
There's also the 50 cent method, but the above is a little more convenient.
And it's dropped from $18 to $9 so that's nice.
Haven't tried this yet. It's obviously cheap, but is it actually worth it?

Running an Elftmann Match trigger in my dedicated CMMG 22lr with zero issues related to the trigger. Only issues I have run into have been related to lack of cleaning and those are still few and far between.

Would the reduced springs not cause more striking issues? Or is that to aid in cycling?

Sorry everyone I completely left out that this is a 22lr upper.

Current issues are not cycling issues. Striking issues. I'll get click, rack CH, check case, 0 marks on rim. At times I can run the trigger fast and get a handful of bangs in a row. If I go slow, definitely no bang, no rim mark.

Ill swap the thing around on other SBR lowers to see if the other triggers I got help.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top