JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
That being said, if you intend to reload rifle ammo, you'll probably want a single stage press too, so if you go that route first, you won't be wasting your money...

Or purchase a progressive that can handle rifle ammo. I load .308 on my 650 as well as all my other smaller stuff. For the "accurate" stuff I just use a Lee universal rifle powder die and a funnel, dropping weighed charges instead of the Dillon powder measure.

Add to that the Unique-Tek toolhead clamping kit and I get finished rounds that shoot just as well as those I build on my single stage. Just less time involved in loading a couple handled rounds.

The key is to be forward looking. If one KNOWS they will have the need for large volumes of ammunition, then get a progressive and learn on it. Just remember, one can take driving lessons in a Cadillac just as easily as in a Geo Metro.

Or a pinto
Nope -- no Pinto, Vega, Yugo or Metro.

Took lessons in a Mercury Grand Marquis that had been some kind of cop car so the back doors wouldn't open.
One student driver, the teacher smoking a doobie, three of us in back drinking beer. Cruising down Outer Drive in Detroit in the dead of winter (i.e. snow and ice)
We had a full-bore education.

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR