JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
That flinch when you're rapid firing your ar10 and the boom and recoil from one is bigger than the rest. It was back when I was using my old Lee scale that you had to constantly rezero. Im not sure how much I overcharged it, but it scared the bubblegum out of me. No harm done, but a little extra barrel fouling.

I just loaded up a hotter round and fired again;-)

J/K - I had to drill a hole to get good grip with a pair of pliers.

If there was any powder in it was Unique. It was supposed to be a light,~850fps, plinking load

I think about the worst thing I did was ;
I was loading up a huge batch of 308's on an automatic press my Pa had and I got distracted while it was running. I normally stand there and inspect every 10th round out or so out of it, but I went and fussed around with something on the shelf I saw outa place and left it un -attended. After what turned out to be quite some time re-organizing the shelf,,, the press shut off cause it was out of some component.

So I went merrily along my way filling up all the hoppers and just before I flicked it back on,,I grabbed a few to inspect out of the catch hopper,,,WTF!!!!!! All the primers were in back wards!! OMG NO!!! So I pulled off the catch hopper and wouldn't ya know it ,,there must have been about 400-500 loaded 308 rounds all messed up ,, Oh Crap!!!

Turns out, a anvil part from inside one of the old primers had somehow gotten stuck in the fresh primer tube somehow and got stuck there. And wouldn't ya know it ,,,it was flipping every single new primer over as it went past,,:s0057:

I had well over 400-500 rounds to pull by hand sense all I had at the time was one of those inertia hammer type bullet pullers.Man ,,I thought I never get them redone,,what a pain!!!

After that . I never walked away from it when it was running! EVER AGAIN !!!

I just loaded up a hotter round and fired again;-)

J/K - I had to drill a hole to get good grip with a pair of pliers.

If there was any powder in it was Unique. It was supposed to be a light,~850fps, plinking load

Those plinking loads with meduim to slower powders...I haven't tried unique I haven't seen any in years. But I tried out Universal in .38 and found that at the lower end of the workup (right by the book) it won't light consistently. Even magnum primers didn't make a difference in my trials. It might not be a missed charge. If it happens to you with that load again look for leftover powder flakes. If the charge didn't light properly there will be a lot left in the barrel or case.

The start data for Universal in .38 with a 158gr bullet from Hodgdon is too low IMOP.

I think about the worst thing I did was ;
I was loading up a huge batch of 308's on an automatic press my Pa had and I got distracted while it was running. I normally stand there and inspect every 10th round out or so out of it, but I went and fussed around with something on the shelf I saw outa place and left it un -attended. After what turned out to be quite some time re-organizing the shelf,,, the press shut off cause it was out of some component.

So I went merrily along my way filling up all the hoppers and just before I flicked it back on,,I grabbed a few to inspect out of the catch hopper,,,WTF!!!!!! All the primers were in back wards!! OMG NO!!! So I pulled off the catch hopper and wouldn't ya know it ,,there must have been about 400-500 loaded 308 rounds all messed up ,, Oh Crap!!!

Turns out, a anvil part from inside one of the old primers had somehow gotten stuck in the fresh primer tube somehow and got stuck there. And wouldn't ya know it ,,,it was flipping every single new primer over as it went past,,:s0057:

I had well over 400-500 rounds to pull by hand sense all I had at the time was one of those inertia hammer type bullet pullers.Man ,,I thought I never get them redone,,what a pain!!!

After that . I never walked away from it when it was running! EVER AGAIN !!!

Primer tubes can really suck at times.

This event always reminds me to put (enough) powder in.
View attachment 279876
I don't know if it just not enough or none at all and the bullet got all the way there on just the primer.

In a .357Mag just a Magnum primer will stick the bullet in the forcing cone and keep you from rotating the cylinder. I would assume that image shows a tad of powder was used.

(spoken from experience)

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads