JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
If everything goes well, by the end of this week I will have a .300 BCK upper I will pick up from TNT Weaponry at the Expo Center and most reloading tools and components.

1. Seems that AA1680 is the favorite propellant for sub-sonic loads, but I do not have any. Who carries it locally? Any vendor who frequents the PDX gun shows?

2. If I can't get any AA1680, what about AA5744 as a plan B? I have a 2-3 lb of AA5744 (extruded), a bit faster and bulkier than AA1680 (ball). Has anyone tried it with 220gr SMK? Me thinks it should work fine on a pistol length gas system.

3. I’d like to experiment with .309 cal 200-240gr cast bullets. Problem is, I don’t do cast and have no intentions to take up yet another hobby. Does anyone know who has them? I know of a couple of vendors who have gas checked bullets which are almost as expensive as match jacketed bullets. That’s not what I want. I am looking for the typical bullet used for .30-06 at under 1800fps that can feed reliably on the AR platform.

AA1680 is the way to go for sure, Wholesale Sports (the old Sportsman's Warehouse) stocks it for abour $20 a pound. 11.5 grs with a 220 gr SMK does the job at about 1050 FPS from my 16" BBL.

1680 is a good powder. The quarterbore site has a lot of good info, as posted above.

H110 is the only powder I use for the 300blk aka 300/221 aka 300 fireball aka 300 whisper. For supersonic or subsonic loads it is hard to beat.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top